The American Cemani Breeders Club...open forum

Has anyone purchased (or seen) any AC from Feather Lover Farm's new import? I'm thinking about buying some as my first AC flock, but am wondering how they compare to the GFF line.

Im new here, Hi everyone... I tried hatching some of Cjs eggs, I didn't get any to hatch, When are yours supposed to hatch @bullets
 ? I would like to see how you like the quality of these, I might be interested in the name of the seller!

Oh I'm so sorry for not responding. I did not get any from the first batch to hatch. My incubator design is so stupid! It has a thermometer probe that hangs down to egg level from the lid near the edge of the lid. Well, apparently after I finished turning the eggs one night I somehow shut the top with the probe hanging OUTSIDE of the bator. So the bator thought things were much cooker than they should be and heated the eggs up violently. SO SAD! This is the second time my bator has heated up and killed my eggs. At least this time I know why. I have 19 more of those cemani due to hatch on the 11th. Wish me luck! I will be sure to update.

In other news I have 25 new assorted feather legged bantams brooding right now :] I got them on a special from Ideal poultry. If anyone wants to take a guess at what breeds I might have I would be forever grateful. I've got a little thread going.

Oh I'm so sorry for not responding. I did not get any from the first batch to hatch. My incubator design is so stupid! It has a thermometer probe that hangs down to egg level from the lid near the edge of the lid. Well, apparently after I finished turning the eggs one night I somehow shut the top with the probe hanging OUTSIDE of the bator. So the bator thought things were much cooker than they should be and heated the eggs up violently. SO SAD! This is the second time my bator has heated up and killed my eggs. At least this time I know why. I have 19 more of those cemani due to hatch on the 11th. Wish me luck! I will be sure to update.

That stinks! Mine was a humidity problem, at leasy thats what most people here and brinsea thing. I agree and i am going to try and see if thats the problem

No worries! When just starting out I'm sure some breeders keep culls. I would just keep records in case they do darken up so they could be culled from the flock as soon as possible. Everyone has to start somewhere :) There are some things though that I would never keep around even if just starting out, like feather stubs and that odd green leg thing.

Feather Stubs?

Ahhhh. Ok. Like the beloved Marans. I'm the guy who just contacted you about AC eggs.

Yep, I'm about to pm you back :)

Actually not even like marans, they are feather legged and it's a dominant trait. These pop out of nowhere from clean legged parents. I wish I had a picture, maybe someone else does? The feathers aren't thick at all, they are very sparse, just a few here and there.

Yep, I'm about to pm you back :)

Actually not even like marans, they are feather legged and it's a dominant trait. These pop out of nowhere from clean legged parents. I wish I had a picture, maybe someone else does? The feathers aren't thick at all, they are very sparse, just a few here and there.

I have stubs pics, Pyxis... let me dig them up...

Oh, and I did get one that was a lot more than stubs, lol... but most are very, very sparse...

Back
Top Bottom