The American Cemani Breeders Club...open forum

B
In a nutshell, Bank claims to have pure Indo birds imported before the ban.  He doesn't get on forums like BYC or FB,  doesn't ship, sells directly only to a chosen few who will pick up in person, doesn't provide any proof of importation.  When I inquired with a friend who had spoken with Banko, I was given some reasons that just didn't add up.  But be that as it may, there is another line out there that is currently the "must have" line for those serious about breeding AC.  This line, I am told, has black specks on the inside of the shell, presumably on the membrane, after chicks hatch, and that is how you can tell they are true Indo birds.  Since he is not NPIP, nor is anybody I'm aware of that currently has that line, I have not acquired that line so I cannot provide any other opinions about it.

Banko is not the only line with black veins in the eggshell. Most reasonably pure Cemani have that.

B
Banko is not the only line with black veins in the eggshell. Most reasonably pure Cemani have that.

As it turns out, most nice, dark, fibro birds have that. Keep reading the thread past the post you quoted and you'll see we had a whole discussion on it including pictures :) It's definitely not an indication of having a pure ayam cemani, it just seems to happen with nice, dark, fibro birds.

Agreed. Don't get me going again on fibromelenistic birds. Most people that claim something and can't prove it are doing it illegal and if the Feds found out they would come directly to your house ask for import documents if u don't have them they then seize ur entire flock not just the fibro birds. Please people let it be u don't have s**t new out there otherwise u would have no problem showing documents.

Seen black dots before cause I have that. But never black veins. Dark purple when the blood dries in the veins but not black. People talk to just make a buck. Remember people America is great bc u can do anything and say anything to make yourself a look better n to make a quick buck

I have two Ayam Cemani and have just finished reading this entire thread, and I've learned a lot! I bought some hatching eggs a year ago and ended up with four chicks, two black and two white. They were all black skinned. Fast forward to now and I've got one hen left. I recently bought a roo for her. As soon as I figure out how, I'll post pictures using my phone! Lol!

I have a question about mulberry in a roosters comb and wattles. As mine has matured past a year old, I've noticed his wattles getting mulberry. Has anyone else experienced this?

Back
Top Bottom