The American Cemani Breeders Club...open forum

Thanks for the feedback! I was disheartened when i saw white toes. I wanted to breed them...but i don't want to be one of those irrisponsible breeders. Quess I'll have some pricey yard ornaments!

Thanks for the feedback! I was disheartened when i saw white toes. I wanted to breed them...but i don't want to be one of those irrisponsible breeders. Quess I'll have some pricey yard ornaments!

You can still breed them... we have to start somewhere and no line of ANY breed will throw all perfect offspring every hatch... it always takes a while to establish your own breeding line and program... any breeder will tell you if you want quality and a solid reputation for that quality and honesty, grow them out... select the best... hatch as much as possible from those, grow them out and select the best again... and repeat... as long as each generation improves you are moving in the right direction... and as you see each generation, you will become familiar with what your line will produce and can give accurate assessments of what can be expected and price accordingly...

I bought a few eggs from a local guy that are from a mixed set of his chickens. He has a lot of americanas and all sorts including a Ayam cemani rooster. Well all the eggs hatched out great and wondering your thoughts on there breed. One looks like a cross of a Ayam cemani and naked neck. I think it's going to be a great looking chicken. Let me know your thoughts please on these.
IMG_1050.JPG
IMG_1051.JPG
IMG_1058.JPG

Hi guys, since you guys are more knowledgable at cemanis then me i was wondering if you could tell me if you think my 3 month old is male or female. they told me they thought it was a hen but now I'm not so sure.

Attachments

• IMG_5349.JPG
    IMG_5349.JPG
    723.6 KB · Views: 18
I guess I have to go back and try for a female, is there any dead give aways that I'm getting a hen not a rooster?

Look for those with no or very little comb development. At three months old they may also be starting to get in hackle and saddle feathers, so look for those and avoid any that have them as those ones are cockerels.

Look for those with no or very little comb development. At three months old they may also be starting to get in hackle and saddle feathers, so look for those and avoid any that have them as those ones are cockerels.
okay, this was their first batch of cemanis so they weren't sure either since all of them looked exactly the same (i guess that means they are all males) at least now i know

Just hatched...ebay eggs...i was tickled i got 6 babies out if 10 eggs .i love these birds...so sweet. I've had some chicks shipped to. 1st ones came in great..2nd shipment not so good. Chicks were almost dead. I saved them..thank God for nutridrench...ive had 3 shipments of chicks this year...horrible expierence.i think for now on I will just have eggs shipped for babies. It's just to stressful and heartbreaking to get sick and dead chicks. Shipped eggs are always risky..however, they are cheaper so i think it offsets the costs of live birds. Those 10 eggs cost me $40...not bad at all!

Attachments

• 1498911997878816827766.jpg
    1498911997878816827766.jpg
    335.8 KB · Views: 13

Back
Top Bottom