The American Cemani Breeders Club...open forum

Wow. Good job. He looks amazing.

Thank you... I am particularly proud of him... :)

I'm wondering at what age Cemanis should have black tonge? How hard is to get to this point..? How many generations

Honestly, I don't know... nor do I know of any full, pure black mouthed/tongued AC's in the US... Feather Lover Farms claims they have them, but that is all I have heard...

Ideally, they should be completely black at hatch... a few weeks for darkening up is about average, that's about as long as it takes for any darkening that may or may not happen, I believe... my cockerel has a black rimmed tongue with a black spot in it... he is not perfect, but all in all I am pleased at this point in breeding...

Last edited:
Thank you... I am particularly proud of him... :)

Honestly, I don't know... nor do I know of any full, pure black mouthed/tongued AC's in the US... Feather Lover Farms claims they have them, but that is all I have heard...

Ideally, they should be completely black at hatch... a few weeks for darkening up is about average, that's about as long as it takes for any da4kening that may or may not happen, I believe... my cockerel has a black rimmed tongue with a black spot in it... he is not perfect, but all in all I am pleased at this point in breeding...
Thank you so much for your answer. I love this breed. I have some babies growing. And some grown up laying eggs.

Thank you so much for your answer. I love this breed. I have some babies growing. And some grown up laying eggs.

I agree, they are a unique and wonderful breed... much more to them than their fibromelanistic qualities...

That's great! Mind if I ask where you got yours from? Mine I originally got from CJ Waldon... how long have you had them?

I got some eggs last year from CJ Waldon.. and from Foxfire farms. They are doing pretty good. Now I got more babies growing from Foxfire farms and some other two breeder I found in RBA. I love how they are growing.. hoping by next year to have a better group of Cemanis. And maybe get a nice Roo from your hens lol..

Back
Top Bottom