The American Cemani Breeders Club...open forum

Wow! I just got my rooster on a whim. I looked on Craigslist locally and someone nearby was selling a rooster. Now that I want hens nobody within 2 hours driving distance is selling any! Or chicks....or hatching eggs. I can't afford the hatching eggs on e-bay. Thats the way it goes. Oh well

Thats why I can't buy them. If they didn't hatch I couldn't just keep buying them. They could get x-rayed or dropped or anything!

Can anyone critique my roo?
C7AB2CFD-2D68-475F-99CE-7407E51EB068.jpeg
435FAFD7-1C01-4E9F-885C-07FF1C6FB126.jpeg
5A56AC93-49F9-4041-ABF8-193D04A1B6B5.jpeg
EC5FE3A4-593C-4438-A533-D5E3553103C9.jpeg

It's hard to do a good critique from pictures, but I'll try. His comb is overly large and flopping a bit in the blade, which is not desired. It look like there might be a thumb print defect in the blade, but I can't really tell from the pictures. He does have a lot of mulberry/red in the comb and wattles.

His back is a bit short; it should be longer, and should slope down from the neck into the tail. His neck could be longer; they are meant to have long, firm necks with the hackles just reaching the shoulders.

Here is a picture of a pair that are doing well in Great Britain, which added the breed to their standards in 2017. Our standard will likely be very similar to theirs.

%255BUNSET%255D

It's hard to do a good critique from pictures, but I'll try. His comb is overly large and flopping a bit in the blade, which is not desired. It look like there might be a thumb print defect in the blade, but I can't really tell from the pictures. He does have a lot of mulberry/red in the comb and wattles.

His back is a bit short; it should be longer, and should slope down from the neck into the tail. His neck could be longer; they are meant to have long, firm necks with the hackles just reaching the shoulders.

Here is a picture of a pair that are doing well in Great Britain, which added the breed to their standards in 2017. Our standard will likely be very similar to theirs.

%255BUNSET%255D

Thank you! Good to know. I think our other roo May look better. I’ll get some pics in the light tomorrow.

Back
Top Bottom