The American Cemani Breeders Club...open forum

I rescued this guy from a feed store, where hobbyist trade in the excess birds for feed.
upload_2019-12-13_9-2-30.png

upload_2019-12-13_9-3-46.png

Hey! I am new to the forum and have been keeping chickens for a year in June. Just starting to get sep up for breeding and curious as to what your set up looks like. How many roosters, hens to rooster ratio, how many coops, brooders, etc. I built my first coop and run last summer, got my second coming may 19th, and am getting ready to build my 3rd this week. I have 15 AC's ordered. Hopefully I will produce 3+ roosters, each has their own coop with the remaining hens dispersed among the 3 roosters. My coop and run that is coming the 19th could be divided into 2 because its pretty big and the run is almost 800 sq. ft, but not sure if I will need the 4th. I suppose that depends on the quality of stock I receive.

That is the thought here in the beginning for starters. Would appreciate any advice. :)

So I have the opportunity to grab a descent deal on some hatching eggs. Hen is totally black but the roo does have slight slight red in the waddle. Worth hatching and then culling or spend the $$ for pure

Back
Top Bottom