The BANTAM ORPINGTON Thread

After getting a large juvenile flock of Chocolate Bantams recently, I really like these little birds! Definitely want to add some more to my collection.

Anyone have BBS Bantam Orps available? I am looking for some exhibition quality chicks or juveniles to add to my flock. You can PM me if needed. They don't seem to be very readily available so I wanted to ask here.

Papas brooders sells them and I believe you can preorder some (eggs) from Hardin poultry's website. His line is Marc sacre/greenfire.

Hey Guys,
I dont know if this is the right place to ask, but it sure looks like you guys know about bantam orps!
I bought a gorgeous little splash pullet at a show last week. She's in quarantine in the house with me for the moment and loves to snuggle with me at night. She also starts screaming when I leave her alone. Any idea how old she could be?
Also, how big are their eggs? She hasn't laid yet and I cant wait to see!!
I have only had rhodies/mixes standard size up to now, so any additional info about the breed would be welcomed!! Can they jump onto the couch like the big ones or are their legs too short? I ve heard that bantams can fly better than standards but here the opposite seems true. She's just like this big fluffy ball that hardly moves.. Or maybe she's just shy still? Otherwise she's healthy - I ve had her checked by an avian vet- and eats very well.
Experiences anyone??

Last edited:
Not sure about the age but she's not flying or moving much because she doesn't have to. They really need to want to fly in order to do it. Or put differently, a reason. Even my fattest standards can fly up 3 feet, smaller ones 4 feet. They just don't once they are grown unless startled.

Hello, I have a pair of bantams, but they are of an unknown breed.
A few people on this forum have suggested they look like Orpingtons, so I would love somebody to have a go at indentifying them please!
big_smile.png

Hey Guys,
I dont know if this is the right place to ask, but it sure looks like you guys know about bantam orps!
I bought a gorgeous little splash pullet at a show last week. She's in quarantine in the house with me for the moment and loves to snuggle with me at night. She also starts screaming when I leave her alone. Any idea how old she could be?
Also, how big are their eggs? She hasn't laid yet and I cant wait to see!!
I have only had rhodies/mixes standard size up to now, so any additional info about the breed would be welcomed!! Can they jump onto the couch like the big ones or are their legs too short? I ve heard that bantams can fly better than standards but here the opposite seems true. She's just like this big fluffy ball that hardly moves.. Or maybe she's just shy still? Otherwise she's healthy - I ve had her checked by an avian vet- and eats very well.
Experiences anyone??
She is so cute!

Lovely little splash, I have a chocolate pullet hatched 2/25 who seems to be maturing more slowly than my black roo hatched 4/28 but from looks I would guess your pullet is close to my chocolate. She has more comb development though. My roo is a great flyer in all 3 catagories, flies high, flies long & with great accuracy. He turns in the air & lands pretty much where ever he chooses to go. My pullet is a little more reticient but can jump onto the couch or more accurately onto my lap. She is more high strung, my little roo would sleep with me if he could. He comes in about 7:30 & gets onto my chair side table & sings himself to sleep, he would stay there if we didn't take him, flapping & screaming out to his coop at bedtime. I should mention, my chickens are not spoiled.

Back
Top Bottom