The Big Fat Is This A Rooster? Thread

What do yall think I have here? They are 17 weeks old.

All three are roosters. Sorry.
hmm.png

Hello all
Recently I have seen a lot of posts, especially from new eggs asking if some poultry was male or female. This is fine but I though it would be easier for everyone if there is one big communal thread where everyone can share photos asking for opinion on the gender and get quick advice from the fellow peers on the thread. Rather than having to make their own thread and hope it gets noticed enough for people to replie etc.

So here we go! If anyone is unsure of the gender of an animal, post your photos and details about the breed and the age and I'm sure someone will be able to help you (probably not me though because I'm still hopeless) :)

To start us off I'm simply going to post a pic of parts of a rooster.
Thank you, I'm sure I'll be using this soon.

So given that we went 3/3 for cockerels when we were ensured that they were pullets by an "experienced" breeder. What should I do now? I've contacted the breeder and he's reluctant to have them back because he's sure they're pullets. But the Chickens say otherwise. They weren't cheap. Was this breeder a bit shifty trying to get rid of his last three "pullets"? Is there any way to get him to refund? Or are we now stuck re homing these gorgeous boys?

Last edited:
So given that we went 3/3 for cockerels when we were ensured that they were pullets by an "experienced" breeder. What should I do now?
I've contacted the breeder and he's reluctant to have them back because he's sure they're pullets. But the Chickens say otherwise.
They weren't cheap. Was this breeder a bit shifty trying to get rid of his last three "pullets"? Is there any way to get him to refund? Or are we now stuck re homing these gorgeous boys?
White-Roo...definte. See the curve?

Black-Can't tell..

Anyways. Are they crowing? Have him refund you at least half if you can? I dunno...

Is this a hen or rooster? I thought rooster because it crows, and it looks like it has pointy hackles..But I'm not sure. And it's legs are thicker than the dark two that I have. But it has no sickle feathers and it is 6 months old now.

Is this a hen or rooster? I thought rooster because it crows, and it looks like it has pointy hackles..But I'm not sure. And it's legs are thicker than the dark two that I have. But it has no sickle feathers and it is 6 months old now.

He looks like a rooster to me. What breed? From the picture he looks like a cornish, which don't have very big tails, and get them very late.

Back
Top Bottom