The Big Fat Is This A Rooster? Thread

[/IMG]
These are supposed to be 3 white rocks. I think one is something else and a roo. It's wings are a darker brown Instead of white like the other two. Breed?
Thanks so much for your time!!!

I'm a newbie and I just picked up 5 golden campines and 2 blue laced wyandottes from a local chicken lady. I have an exchange agreement with her if any turn out to be roosters. I just got them on Wednesday, so I don't want to jump the gun too early, but I would say this one is a rooster. I'm no expert but that is a pretty pronounced wattle. Have another thread but I thought I would try here too.

[COLOR=333333]I'm a newbie and I just picked up 5 golden campines and 2 blue laced wyandottes from a local chicken lady. I have an exchange agreement with her if any turn out to be roosters. I just got them on Wednesday, so I don't want to jump the gun too early, but I would say this one is a rooster. I'm no expert but that is a pretty pronounced wattle. Have another thread but I thought I would try here too.[/COLOR] [COLOR=333333] [/COLOR]
Just fyi that's a comb not it's wattles. The wattles are the things that grow on either side of its beak. That does look like a very big comb for such a little chick. It would be helpful to see a picture of one of the other chicks for comparison.

Last edited:
So my Rhode Island reds are 3+ weeks old now! And I got my wynadottes to hold still!
So here they are:
Peppercorn (suspected rooster?)

Another RIR chick for comparison (both of the other two are developing very similarly)

I have no clue what the three silver laced wynadottes are, so here's all three.
Topaz. And Yes, (s)he has a single comb rather than the standard kind.

Diamond

C.Z.

I'm also curious about these two, but they're bantams so I don't know if they're big enough to tell yet!
Batman (unknown breed, maybe Japanese Bantam?)

Acorn (Silver duckwing OEGB)

Anyway, thanks for any opinions or guesses!

So my Rhode Island reds are 3+ weeks old now! And I got my wynadottes to hold still! So here they are: Peppercorn (suspected rooster?) Another RIR chick for comparison (both of the other two are developing very similarly) I have no clue what the three silver laced wynadottes are, so here's all three. Topaz. And Yes, (s)he has a single comb rather than the standard kind. Diamond C.Z. I'm also curious about these two, but they're bantams so I don't know if they're big enough to tell yet! Batman (unknown breed, maybe Japanese Bantam?) Acorn (Silver duckwing OEGB) Anyway, thanks for any opinions or guesses!
Peppercorn does look like a roo to me. Acorn may possibly be one too. I can't speak for all the others.

Back
Top Bottom