THE Brinsea Octagon 20 Eco Thread; Hatches, etc. (PICS)

You can fit 36 silkie eggs! Don't know how many extras. I only used 2 rails and let the eggs support each other.

What kind of hygrometer do you use? I have a cheap digital one, and I feel like it's pretty inaccurate.

Shipped eggs are hit and miss. Sometimes I've had amazing results...others a total bust. Atlanta is roughest on eggs. If my eggs coming from the east coast go through that sorting facility my results are usually terrible. Supposed to be the largest sorting facility in the us... Sometimes you just have to chance it, I guess, to build your dream flock. :p;)

I couldn't agree more!! Every time I've had bad results the eggs went through Atlanta!!

What kind of hygrometer do you use? I have a cheap digital one, and I feel like it's pretty inaccurate.

I use a cheap one too! This is actually the one I normally use, it's just a cheap reptile hygrometer. It doesn't really matter how cheap it is. The key is to calibrate it frequently! I calibrate before every single batch and l I have to adjust it. I actually bought a more expensive digital one and that one was off way more the the cheap dial one!!
This is the one I like:

Awesome! So the lower humidity worked
thumbsup.gif

If I remember correctly, Friday was the first to mention it
wink.png

You are right it was Friday that mentioned humidity. I'm sorry should have given credit where it's due. Friday, thank you and scflock for the input, I think it definitely made a difference. Still waiting on 2 of the cemanis to hatch.......no pips yet so I'm starting to worry a little

You are right it was Friday that mentioned humidity. I'm sorry should have given credit where it's due. Friday, thank you and scflock for the input, I think it definitely made a difference. Still waiting on 2 of the cemanis to hatch.......no pips yet so I'm starting to worry a little 
No credit necessary, but thanks. Most everything I know about incubating I learned from others here on BYC, so thanks go out to them, too! Now you can pass info on to others if needed.

Hope your two others hatch for you.

Day 21? Don't worry yet
fl.gif

Trying not too......
hmm.png

No credit necessary, but thanks. Most everything I know about incubating I learned from others here on BYC, so thanks go out to them, too! Now you can pass info on to others if needed.

Hope your two others hatch for you.

Definitely a ton of info on this site.......best on the web for sure. Keeping fingers crossed for the last two

Back
Top Bottom