THE Brinsea Octagon 20 Eco Thread; Hatches, etc. (PICS)

You are going to need to pull off the cover where the cord is kept. There is a small red knob, you can turn it with a screwdriver to adjust the temp. Despite the advertising, it is not calibrated from the factory and will require adjustment to set your perfect temp. Be aware.. Around 1/2 way through incubation the embryos will give off some of their own heat.. I've had to readjust mine halfway through incubation to not have the temp climb. Best of luck!

Got my eco replacement today, yay amazon.  The first one I got did not ever have the red light solid.  This one did until it heated up.   The preset temp is really high.  Is this normal?

It should be 99.5. What is it reading?

Wanted to thank everyone that gave help and advice. I think lowering the humidity definitely worked. I ended up getting 4 out of 5 chicks hatched. Have 3 ayem cemanis and 1 black orpington. Thank you!!!!!

Awesome hatch!! Congrats!

I am coming from a Brinsea mini.  These temps are making me crazy.  What is the most common temp for the thermometer that comes with the Brinsea eco 20?

Should be 99.5. Once my temp gets stable it literally does not move.

I wanted to mention that I've been experimenting with humidity at lockdown in the Eco 20. I purchased a material called "zorb" to use as a wic instead of a paper towel. Well it has worked tremendously. Using a paper towel was keeping humidity at 52% overnight (by morning). I cut a piece of zorb, the same size as a paper towel and that kept humidity at 82% overnight. So I'm thinking of using a smaller piece to try to get around 75%. It definitely works, though!

I wanted to mention that I've been experimenting with humidity at lockdown in the Eco 20. I purchased a material called "zorb" to use as a wic instead of a paper towel. Well it has worked tremendously. Using a paper towel was keeping humidity at 52% overnight (by morning). I cut a piece of zorb, the same size as a paper towel and that kept humidity at 82% overnight. So I'm thinking of using a smaller piece to try to get around 75%. It definitely works, though!

That's awesome news! Is it drying out at all?

Awesome! So glad that worked for you, especially with the ACs :thumbsup

X2!

Nice. Thanks for the feedback, glad it's working for you. I might try a microfiber cloth next time and see how it works.

Trying to figure out how to fit 34 eggs in the tray. Might attempt to stack some of my eggs until I can pull some clears.

I know it's been done by others before, can't see how they won't roll though.
Friday...did you get it to work. I just fit 33 in there. I took out the metal row dividers and just started my own packed in rows. Have two eggs on top as well until I candle because I know there will be some loss... hoping for a good hatch.

Friday...did you get it to work. I just fit 33 in there. I took out the metal row dividers and just started my own packed in rows. Have two eggs on top as well until I candle because I know there will be some loss... hoping for a good hatch.
The person I was going to hatch for decided to wait a few weeks, so I don't have to worry abut it this time.
big_smile.png

Good luck on your hatch!

Quote:
Ruby, Mine was like that the first few times I turned it on to see where it was at before I put eggs in it. I kept scratching my head asking WHY everyone liked this one so much. I got mine set to 99.5 with no eggs for 2 days. I put my eggs in and WHAMO the darn thing would not hold a temp for about 2 days. Seems once you try to adjust it once, look out - even the slightest touch it changes temp a lot. The little red screw you turn is VERY touchy. I only go a hair, not even really noticeable to the eye. I do like mine now and Im only on day 10 of my first hatch.

Back
Top Bottom