THE Brinsea Octagon 20 Eco Thread; Hatches, etc. (PICS)

Ruby, Mine was like that the first few times I turned it on to see where it was at before I put eggs in it. I kept scratching my head asking WHY everyone liked this one so much. I got mine set to 99.5 with no eggs for 2 days. I put my eggs in and WHAMO the darn thing would not hold a temp for about 2 days. Seems once you try to adjust it once, look out - even the slightest touch it changes temp a lot. The little red screw you turn is VERY touchy. I only go a hair, not even really noticeable to the eye. I do like mine now and Im only on day 10 of my first hatch.
Glad to hear that you are happy with it. I now have my temp where I want it. Hopefully it will stay there. So far there is alot less variation in temps in this incubator than the one I had to return.

That's awesome news! Is it drying out at all?
X2!

48 hours later and it has not dropped 1 %, holding steady at 85%.

Nice. Thanks for the feedback, glad it's working for you. I might try a microfiber cloth next time and see how it works.

I thought you had the pump? Do you still use a paper towel at lockdown so it doesn't work so hard? I have a bunch extra of the zorb if you want me to mail you a piece.

It should be 99.5. What is it reading?

Should be 99.5. Once my temp gets stabl

It was 103. Still trying to like this incubator!

Oh yeah, 103 is really high! Crazy!

Ruby, Mine was like that the first few times I turned it on to see where it was at before I put eggs in it. I kept scratching my head asking WHY everyone liked this one so much. I got mine set to 99.5 with no eggs for 2 days. I put my eggs in and WHAMO the darn thing would not hold a temp for about 2 days. Seems once you try to adjust it once, look out - even the slightest touch it changes temp a lot. The little red screw you turn is VERY touchy. I only go a hair, not even really noticeable to the eye.  I do like mine now and Im only on day 10 of my first hatch.

Yes, I do the exact same. I have a tiny flat head and I just move it a touch till I feel the slightest resistance and then I stop. But once it's where I want it, fortunately it stays there.

48 hours later and it has not dropped 1 %, holding steady at 85%.
I thought you had the pump? Do you still use a paper towel at lockdown so it doesn't work so hard? I have a bunch extra of the zorb if you want me to mail you a piece.
Thanks for the offer, but I'll try a cloth this time. I do use the paper towel, depending on the weather and humidity here at lockdown. It does help keep the pump from working so hard, and makes clean up easier!

dumb question, when we hit lockdown and fill the water resevoirs, how do we fill them if they go down if we can not get inside it????? do we go ahead and fill or just wait it out?
That's not a dumb question at all, it's tricky. If no eggs are pipped at the end of day 19, I remove the tray and top off again. If I have to add water during the hatch, I run a straw through the air vent, place it over one well, and fill with a medicine dropper with lukewarm water

Back
Top Bottom