The Brooding of Allie, Casey and Latte

She is stubborn, but tonight I found out I may be out of town until Thursday or so
sad.png
. I was lying on the floor with the kids and Casey climbed on top of my hand and went to sleep cupped in my hand. I could feel her little gizzard grinding away on the day's food.
love.gif
She wanted to make sure I would miss her even more... It is sooooooo hard to be an adult.
sad.png

hugs.gif
It is hard to be an adult. That is so sweet that Casey fell asleep in your hand. I hope you don't have to be out of town too long.

Ditto, what Rav said...I sure appreciate you sharing your babies here with us!!

Today's weights and roll call: The 'lings are now 2 weeks old (wow! that went by fast). Unfortunately my vacation time is at an end. I will try to put as much as I can here, but I may or may not be out of town (then the info will be second hand or @MamaDux will post directly.)

Allie: 1lb, 0.5oz - up 16% - She is now nearly 10 times the weight she was when we got her.
ep.gif
She will probably do this once again in her life. At 14 days old, she is as big as a Call Duck!!! (But everyone already knew that
tongue.gif
)

Casey: 10.0oz - up 12%

Latte: 9.9oz - up 13%
Oh my gosh look how they have grown. So big. I love them and all the pics and updates. Even if i don't respond each time I am following along. That's gotta be hard having to leave them for a week. I am sure Mama Dux will keep you updated and us and of course you can call every night and talk to them so they don't forget your voice.
smile.png

Thanks, but we just follow the directions on the box:

1. Put food, water and love into the bird.
2. Remove poop from area of bird.
3. Microwave instructions:
for 800W microwaves - don't put the bird in a microwave.
for 1100W microwaves - really, don't put the bird in a microwave!!!
I hate it when I AM NOT ON LINE BECAUSE OF STUPID BIZZYNESS. UGH!!

TONY - you are speaking my language when you say "remove poop from AREA OF BIRD.

AND put ….love into the bird.

EEEEEEEEEEEEE - BABY DUCK BIRDS OF YOURS AND YVONNE'S. CUTE LITTLE GROWERS OF BIRD. THEIR WEBS ARE GETTING BIGGER, TOO. HOOOOPOOOOOSE!!!

Today's weights and roll call: The 'lings are now 2 weeks old (wow! that went by fast). Unfortunately my vacation time is at an end. I will try to put as much as I can here, but I may or may not be out of town (then the info will be second hand or @MamaDux will post directly.)

Allie: 1lb, 0.5oz - up 16% - She is now nearly 10 times the weight she was when we got her.
ep.gif
She will probably do this once again in her life. At 14 days old, she is as big as a Call Duck!!! (But everyone already knew that
tongue.gif
)

Casey: 10.0oz - up 12%

Latte: 9.9oz - up 13%
THEY'RE SO CUTE. THEY ARE GROWING UP FAST. THEY ARE LOOKING MORE LIKE DUCKS BUT THEY ARE STILL VERY BIRD. IT'S THE FACE AND BILL/BEAK THAT MAKE THEM BIRB-LIKE.

THE WEBS THE WEBS THE WEBS. EACH GIRL'S SET OF WEBS ARE DIFFERENT COLORS THAN EACH OTHER'S. THEN LOOK AT CUTE CASEY'S WEBS COMPARED TO THE HUMAN'S SOCK FOOTED FOOT. VERY DIFFERENT. I LOVE THE WEBS.

THE BURBS ARE SUPER CUTE AND NEED A LOVE SQUEEZE!!!

These thingys made me laugh. What would a cute birb duck do with one?
Ducks like all things resembling a sheet / worm. Sheet of paper, towel edge, shirt collar, sleeve cuff, shoe laces, etc. So where a dog would grab the ball and the arms would just emphasize the motion, the ducks would grab the arms and be weighted down by the ball.

Note my babies brooder toy: they LOVE the bandana!!!

Last edited:
Julie, I promise you that Tony and I notice the cute every day. I'm also certain that all the 'ling fans on this thread do not overlook that fact, either. :yesss: Impossible to do that since you have new pics to hyperventilate over each day. ;)  And the stretched out web that we have dubbed "comfy foot" appears every time the 'lings cuddle up for their naps. :love
We, that is a big relief, Yvonne. That you and Tony and the other duck lovers get it. Thank you. And I love love the comfy foot pics when I see them. Just baby birb stretching out her webby. She comfoose that way during nappy.

Ducks like all things resembling a sheet / worm.  Sheet of paper, towel edge, shirt collar, sleeve cuff, shoe laces, etc.  So where a dog would grab the ball and the arms would just emphasize the motion, the ducks would grab the arms and be weighted down by the ball.

Note my babies brooder toy: they LOVE the bandana!!!
That is an adorable vision. Baby ducklet or adult duck grabbing the stringy part of the toy. So 'oose.

Yes. Bandana. Sheet like and my bill can get it.

She wriggled a lot and cheeped loudly but when we started talking to her she calmed right down. Cannot remember how many tries it took to get that particular pic. So much cute in such a tiny little package.  :love  I can barely handle it this time around. These guys will get their naps in and as soon as we peek around the corner in our kitchen and start talking to them, they'll come racing up to the mesh opening and start cheping to be let out. When we pick up anything near them, they tilt their heads and check out what we are doing. This set of 'lings seems way more curious, interactive and social than even our "puppy ducks"  Noir + Mystique. And they hung out with us as soon as we got home from work.

As to your question a few pages back if the little girls squirm when I give them kisses, I'd have to say no, not really. I take them out of the brooder and kiss their little heads. When they go to sleep on the blanket with us, whichever body part is available gets a kiss. They don't care - maybe they can sense that they're safe and loved. They even get head and cheek scritches from us and don't try to get away. I love this right now. Just wish they wouldn't grow up quite so quickly... Going back to work next week will be extra tough.
Aw, Yvonne, that is so sweet. The innocent LITTLE soffties know. I am glad you guys kiss them. It's such a wonderful feeling. They're such little miracles.

It is amazing how fast they grow though but I think it's great how much you and your husband have paid every moment of attention towards them to take it all in. Then all the great pics and posts and keeping us all in the know. I appreciate you both sharing with us.

Back
Top Bottom