Votes: 21 19.1%
  • BYC member

Votes: 6 5.5%
  • Other

Votes: 32 29.1%

• Total voters
Pics
Quote:
I bet I do. I'll check my pictures. When my Buff hen Sophie was growing up she looked a lot like a Pekin to me too. She didn't grow nearly as quickly as a Pekin though.

Quote:
I bet I do. I'll check my pictures. When my Buff hen Sophie was growing up she looked a lot like a Pekin to me too. She didn't grow nearly as quickly as a Pekin though.

This is my Buff girl Sophie at one day, four weeks (I think), and young adult. She did look awfully Pekin-ish. Sorry that the picture is flipped. I kept uploading it in the correct orientation and then it would be displayed sideways anyway
idunno.gif

I hope this helps!

I can't help but notice the similarities between my runner drake and my new buff hen. The buff may be way tinier but she has a flat head like many runners (not mine) and she runs half upright. Do you think that she may be a runner x buff cross? Or do some buffs look this way?

This is my Buff girl Sophie at one day, four weeks (I think), and young adult. She did look awfully Pekin-ish. Sorry that the picture is flipped. I kept uploading it in the correct orientation and then it would be displayed sideways anyway
idunno.gif

I hope this helps!

Thanks, your picture in the middle - they look like that but white everywhere that the baby yellow is disappearing. I'm still crossing my fingers.

Flappers - I've got one that looks like that - he/she stands up taller as well. I figure it's the runner coming out in them.

Thanks, your picture in the middle - they look like that but white everywhere that the baby yellow is disappearing. I'm still crossing my fingers.

Flappers - I've got one that looks like that - he/she stands up taller as well. I figure it's the runner coming out in them.

Good to know that my buff isn't just an odd one
big_smile.png

First egg from my buff duck arrived this morning! This is my first egg ever so it is very exciting!

I had a mixed that looked very much like this one. It was from a buff egg, but I also had Mallards, and I guessed them to be mixed. They were quite beautiful, and when at full plumage, had a slightly richer buff color.

Back
Top Bottom