• Other Hatchery

Votes: 21 19.1%
  • BYC member

Votes: 6 5.5%
  • Other

Votes: 32 29.1%

• Total voters
Pics
that is a drake. if you go to the livestock conservancy website they have a bunch of free information on buff orpington ducks because they are an endangered herritage breed:) do you know of anyone one selling opy females i have a drake and very much want to start breeding him but first i need to find some lady buffs

Ok I know females will mount other females to do their pecking order shuffle, I notice in particular my largest female mounting and acting as if she is "getting the job done" with my other females....im worried she is a drake in disguise as Ive never seen my drake mount yet! Anyone else have the same thing going on???? This is so bizarre to me...she really goes to town "penetrating"

Ok I know females will mount other females to do their pecking order shuffle, I notice in particular my largest female mounting and acting as if she is "getting the job done" with my other females....im worried she is a drake in disguise as Ive never seen my drake mount yet! Anyone else have the same thing going on???? This is so bizarre to me...she really goes to town "penetrating"
I will try to say this delicately. My runners, all females, play hop on top. But when Mr. Bean does what he does, if one is standing behind them, one can see a bit of equipment that is not present with the girls.

Hope you can find a lady friend for him, they make the cutest babies!!! Not as prolific as the larger breeds, but boy oh boy, the babies are super cute and super sweet. Good luck in your search. You can always try an online hatchery if nec.

That is def a boy, and about the age for the dark head. As he gets older, it will fade a bit. Almost like chickens and roosters turning red at sexual maturity, and then they calm down a bit. Nature, ain't it wonderful ;-] Wish I could help you out with a wife for him, but you do have hatcheries out that way where the shipping wouldn't be so hard on them. Got my original buffs from hatchery, and they were excellent quality. We want to protect this breed as much as we can. Good luck!

Wow, I have actually never seen my girls pounce on each other! Have six mature girls and two drakes, so think they get plenty of action that way. If they are or have just come into maturity, they are super, umm, horny, and it will probably calm down a lot come winter. But maybe kick up again next spring. It's totally natural, and all you can do is candle your eggs to see if "the job is getting done." You can see a fertile egg in a day or two.

ONE of my three just started laying at 20weeks and 1day...yet to see anything from my other two....being patient sucks! I was growing impatient myself, and I feel like itmade a difference with my girl at least to put a fresh patch of alfalfa hay down each night for them to poke around in...I starting doing that about a week or so before the first egg...they love being pampered!

Back
Top Bottom