The Cheerios are ALIVE!

I don't have any cheerios, I have a wasted box of cornflakes...you think they'd like that? And next time I think I'll buy a box of cheerios to see if they'll eat it.

I give my chickens Cherrios about every other week. I buy a box for about a $1.30 or so and toss it in and stand back and watch the show. It is hilarious.

Quote:
What did you do for the infestation??
We are in that boat right now. When I first noticed I was going to fry some soft crab for a sand. and the flour was full of bugs so I checked the pancake mix same thing. Then Lilbizzy found a bunch in the dry cat food and parrot food is hatching everyday.
Is it ok for the birds (African Greys) to eat them things??
Or should we feed the stuff to the Chickens?

Thanks in Advance.

Last edited:
to prevent weevils etc I put everything in airtight plastic containers like Tupperware as soon as I get it home...I also put my flour and other mixes with flour in them in the freezer when I bring it home from the store...until I need it then tupperware everything as soon as they are opened...you can get weevils in all cereals, pastas, baking mixes, oatmeal, cornmeal,and once you have it in one box they are in all your cabinet items The supermarkets now have pretty good containers...but the tupperware rocks...it is more expensive however...

I think as mine get older I will give them cheerios as a treat. Sounds interesting,lol!
smile.png

I discovered moths and larvae in my newly purchased 50# bags of scratch (because like an idiot I forgot to put them in the freezer for 2 days as soon as I brought them home...). So, to make a silk purse out of this sow's ear, I froze the bags to stop the hatching cycle. Now my girlies get some frozen insect protein along with their scratch grains. I am actually thinking that (except for the hassle of having the moths around) this method actually enhances the protein value of the scratch. What do others think?

Way out in left field, but this made me think of a weevil experience my bestfriend had...

My bestfriend worked at Regal cinemas as one of the managers. After the movies got started and the rush died down, she went to the snack counter to check on everyone. She checked to inventory the popcorn and noticed it was a little extra special - it was completely infested with weevils and everyone that bought it were snacking on it in the darkness of the movie theater.
sickbyc.gif

In the end, none of the customer's complained or noticed their treats being extra crunchy. She said many even came back for seconds (by this time she switched out the weevil laced popcorn)!!

Enjoy your next movie popcorn snack!
pop.gif

Back
Top Bottom