The Confusing Quail Calculator..

Quote:
Is this unusual? I have two - I can take pictures of them. They are just about to turn 7 weeks old and I haven't sexed them yet. One looks just like yours and the other has almost her? whole rump gold.

Quote:
OK, so what do you call the E/e+ without gold gene? Tibetan?

correct!
wink.png

Quote:
Is this unusual? I have two - I can take pictures of them. They are just about to turn 7 weeks old and I haven't sexed them yet. One looks just like yours and the other has almost her? whole rump gold.

If you haven't seen it, then yes, unusual. I am using them to create another color so Shelley sent me some from a different blood.

Quote:
LOL, I am pretty new at this, I haven't seen much!
Most of my whites have a few brown specks, and these 2 have gold spots. I was planning to put white females with a gold male, but don't know if I should with these. But until I saw ShelleyD's post, I didn't think any more of it then that. They are my first whites and I had no idea that lots of them may or may not have any other color spots
IMAG0564.jpg

IMAG0565.jpg

I think they are both girls as they "cricketed" at me when I held them.

BTW, I've been reading your posts and website and thank you for putting out so much information when there seems a definite lack elsewhere! If I could be so presumptuous, would it be possible for you to put the old, names of varieties by your pictures? Maybe a formerly known as (XYZ) I know that you have changed names to represent the most recent data available but it is a little confusing - at least for a newb like me - as to whether you are talking about something completely new, just new to this country or a new name of an old mutation.

I would really like to learn. Also, I am homeschooling DD and her BF (some subjects at BF's house, some here) and they want to make a project of quail. I really want to teach them the genetics of it - I love genetics - but have to puzzle it out myself first. LOL, it seems every time I look there is new info and it's sometimes a little hard to figure out if it's New info or new-info-added-to-previously-known-things.

Thanks so much for all the educating you do!

Are these various color quails any large than jumbo coturnix? I like to start some around summer, but my requirement is about 14-18oz size when full grow.

Quote:
LOL, I am pretty new at this, I haven't seen much!
Most of my whites have a few brown specks, and these 2 have gold spots. I was planning to put white females with a gold male, but don't know if I should with these. But until I saw ShelleyD's post, I didn't think any more of it then that. They are my first whites and I had no idea that lots of them may or may not have any other color spots
http://i249.photobucket.com/albums/gg210/ArrowsFlight/IMAG0564.jpg
http://i249.photobucket.com/albums/gg210/ArrowsFlight/IMAG0565.jpg
I think they are both girls as they "cricketed" at me when I held them.

BTW, I've been reading your posts and website and thank you for putting out so much information when there seems a definite lack elsewhere! If I could be so presumptuous, would it be possible for you to put the old, names of varieties by your pictures? Maybe a formerly known as (XYZ) I know that you have changed names to represent the most recent data available but it is a little confusing - at least for a newb like me - as to whether you are talking about something completely new, just new to this country or a new name of an old mutation.

I would really like to learn. Also, I am homeschooling DD and her BF (some subjects at BF's house, some here) and they want to make a project of quail. I really want to teach them the genetics of it - I love genetics - but have to puzzle it out myself first. LOL, it seems every time I look there is new info and it's sometimes a little hard to figure out if it's New info or new-info-added-to-previously-known-things.

I am include more history and explanation in the description if that will help
smile.png
sorry to confuse folks!

Thanks so much for all the educating you do!

Back
Top Bottom