The Confusing Quail Calculator..

How do you breed for it? Soo purty!
tongue.png

Quote:
LOL, I am pretty new at this, I haven't seen much!
Most of my whites have a few brown specks, and these 2 have gold spots. I was planning to put white females with a gold male, but don't know if I should with these. But until I saw ShelleyD's post, I didn't think any more of it then that. They are my first whites and I had no idea that lots of them may or may not have any other color spots
http://i249.photobucket.com/albums/gg210/ArrowsFlight/IMAG0564.jpg
http://i249.photobucket.com/albums/gg210/ArrowsFlight/IMAG0565.jpg
I think they are both girls as they "cricketed" at me when I held them.

BTW, I've been reading your posts and website and thank you for putting out so much information when there seems a definite lack elsewhere! If I could be so presumptuous, would it be possible for you to put the old, names of varieties by your pictures? Maybe a formerly known as (XYZ) I know that you have changed names to represent the most recent data available but it is a little confusing - at least for a newb like me - as to whether you are talking about something completely new, just new to this country or a new name of an old mutation.

I would really like to learn. Also, I am homeschooling DD and her BF (some subjects at BF's house, some here) and they want to make a project of quail. I really want to teach them the genetics of it - I love genetics - but have to puzzle it out myself first. LOL, it seems every time I look there is new info and it's sometimes a little hard to figure out if it's New info or new-info-added-to-previously-known-things.

Thanks so much for all the educating you do!

The XYZ Affair when we sent some of our guys over to France to tell them to stop stealing our ships ( during a war between Britain and France ) sorry just had to do it lol

Quote:
LOL, I am pretty new at this, I haven't seen much!
Most of my whites have a few brown specks, and these 2 have gold spots. I was planning to put white females with a gold male, but don't know if I should with these. But until I saw ShelleyD's post, I didn't think any more of it then that. They are my first whites and I had no idea that lots of them may or may not have any other color spots
http://i249.photobucket.com/albums/gg210/ArrowsFlight/IMAG0564.jpg
http://i249.photobucket.com/albums/gg210/ArrowsFlight/IMAG0565.jpg
I think they are both girls as they "cricketed" at me when I held them.

BTW, I've been reading your posts and website and thank you for putting out so much information when there seems a definite lack elsewhere! If I could be so presumptuous, would it be possible for you to put the old, names of varieties by your pictures? Maybe a formerly known as (XYZ) I know that you have changed names to represent the most recent data available but it is a little confusing - at least for a newb like me - as to whether you are talking about something completely new, just new to this country or a new name of an old mutation.

I would really like to learn. Also, I am homeschooling DD and her BF (some subjects at BF's house, some here) and they want to make a project of quail. I really want to teach them the genetics of it - I love genetics - but have to puzzle it out myself first. LOL, it seems every time I look there is new info and it's sometimes a little hard to figure out if it's New info or new-info-added-to-previously-known-things.

Thanks so much for all the educating you do!

The XYZ Affair when we sent some of our guys over to France to tell them to stop stealing our ships ( during a war between Britain and France ) sorry just had to do it lol

Aint that when we went over to france and they told us that $10 million dollars and a $250,000 dollar bribe to Tallyrand will get us out of war. Then we turned around and invested that money in an army to kick their a$$? I remember my history teacher (who hated the French, He was Italian) telling me about it, he sure hated the French, oh and by the way that is almost exactly how he worded it.
roll.png

Can pied/white genes be lethal?? One of my three English White, which was entirely white, was always very sluggish and never looked as vigorous as the others. Could it be just a happen-chance that this one quail was just not healthy??
Yes, white genes can be lethal. There is a "light down lethal" and they are English Whites but in 3 weeks they die or don't make it as little chicks. Some make it but carry the gene.
@casportpony THIS?

Can pied/white genes be lethal?? One of my three English White, which was entirely white, was always very sluggish and never looked as vigorous as the others. Could it be just a happen-chance that this one quail was just not healthy??
Yes, white genes can be lethal. There is a "light down lethal" and they are English Whites but in 3 weeks they die or don't make it as little chicks. Some make it but carry the gene.
@Sara L I'm not quite sure yet.
I've only just read up to these two posts so far.

Back
Top Bottom