The Dorking Breeders thread

I finally got the test results in. I don't want to muck up this thread anymore, so unless requested, I will message it to anyone who thinks they can help. I need someone with more knowledge of clinical vocabulary to help me figure out what to do. I will at least say that it says bacterial enteritis.
MacCana -- Eggcessive nailed it in their reply on the other thread. And I know first hand because I also experienced devastating losses of young birds. Take the lesson and move forward. Management is key -- prevent and/or treat the coccidia. good luck!

MacCana repeat the circumstances, my much better veterinary microbiologist better half says that that is a rather general term. It is inflamation of th eintenstines that could be caused by several causes.

If these are non-essentials cull them.

A more specific diagnosis that included a culture would help to determine treatment and management.

MacCana repeat the circumstances, my much better veterinary microbiologist better half says that that is a rather general term. It is inflamation of th eintenstines that could be caused by several causes.

If these are non-essentials cull them.

A more specific diagnosis that included a culture would help to determine treatment and management.

It's a lot of information. I have copy & pasted both test diagnostic reports from the Kord lab on another thread started. I did it to keep from continuing to derail other threads
lau.gif
!!
Link : https://www.backyardchickens.com/t/930223/lab-test-results-the-verdict-is-in-can-any1-elaborate
Both reports are on the first page. Let me say I'm all "doom & gloom" bc of the cockerel's report, not so much the guinea's. The cockerel was from my breeding group. Tell your other 1/2 that I appreciate her taking the time to look at it.
bow.gif

Size depends on strain. I've yet to see a SG or Red Dorkings that surpass our Whites for meat qualities, but I have seen Reds that were larger in frame and feather, which was actually too loose.

Anyone wanting to work with Dorkings of any variety is going to have to work on increasing size and weight.

One of my silver roosters is big and meaty as my bresse. Some others are all feathers and bone. Hens seem to have equal flesh. Could be a pecking order thing

Back
Top Bottom