The Dorking Breeders thread

I have some from Kim Kelley and they are nice stock and very healthy. Nice manners too. I am hoping to hatch some more this summer. I do have one silver Grey rooster that is not fitting in since I now have the reds (fox took all my pullets).

Yea....I don't expect awesome fertility out of one pen with the young guy and a couple of his hens not cooperating. And he's so mild mannered, he lets them go. He'll get there...

MacCana, I don't usually sale chicks or eggs (especially in the spring). Could I interest you in a young pair? I usually give away available eggs when people pick up birds. Always trying to spread the Dorking love.
love.gif

PM me if you are interested, and I'll do my best to get you some birds. I have been known to set eggs for people in the fall, but I really prefer you to know what you are getting. No surprises!

Picked up my trio from a gal up here where I live. I like them. They're young. Should be a good start I think. Made it ahead of the rain, and so I hope they figure out how to get up into the coop. I'm amazed at how nicely they all get along. The rooster has never lived with a hen. He's walking around flapping his wings, but no vocalizations, yet.

They are beautiful! Congratulations Kittie!!

Yea....I don't expect awesome fertility out of one pen with the young guy and a couple of his hens not cooperating. And he's so mild mannered, he lets them go. He'll get there...

MacCana, I don't usually sale chicks or eggs (especially in the spring). Could I interest you in a young pair? I usually give away available eggs when people pick up birds. Always trying to spread the Dorking love.
love.gif

PM me if you are interested, and I'll do my best to get you some birds. I have been known to set eggs for people in the fall, but I really prefer you to know what you are getting. No surprises!
"Always trying to spread the Dorking love.
love.gif
" You are awesome Kimberly!!

Nancy

I'm interested in getting a couple of Dorkings just to keep things interesting in my layer flock. I'm near Indianapolis, IN. Are any of you breeders nearby (as in adjacent states)? I'm interested in the grays.

So I have a trio of Mary Woetterstrom's Dorking line. Got a new little pullet egg the other day from one of the ladies. Cracked that baby open for breakfast and it's fertile! My incubator's on it's way, and I'll be setting some Dorking eggs. I think my dining room will become a chicken nursery until the weather is better.

Oh, and the rooster goes with the hens into the nest box and stands there while they lay an egg. What a nice guy!

Hi I was wondering if anyone had any comments on how my Silver Greys look? I'm planning on putting these two and two other hens into a breeding pen soon! SO excited! The cockerel was cold and sleepy in this picture, but it's the best one I could get of him. ANd the one pullet, I'm not sure if here tail is shaped correctly?

Is her tail supposed to turn up like this?

Thanks in advance for any comments!
bow.gif
I would like to learn more about this breed.

Hi I was wondering if anyone had any comments on how my Silver Greys look? I'm planning on putting these two and two other hens into a breeding pen soon! SO excited! The cockerel was cold and sleepy in this picture, but it's the best one I could get of him. ANd the one pullet, I'm not sure if here tail is shaped correctly?

Is her tail supposed to turn up like this?

Thanks in advance for any comments!
bow.gif
I would like to learn more about this breed.

They look young. Where did you get them? I see a nice rounded breast, but the tails are probably going to be too high.
Do you have a Standard of Perfection from the APA? You are going to need one in order to know what you should be looking for, when breeding and selecting.

Back
Top Bottom