The Duck Thread

Thanks for noticing...it's been a small struggle. The pond is man made and was here when we a bought the property. It's natural spring fed and was...And may I highlight "was" clear enough to see our comets,kois,and breams swimming three foot deep all the way across. So after our babies made there presence known by mudding up the whole thing, we got airation system and its still not clear and we added the blue dye. And we've done some intense bottom cleaning .it us amazing wat some people will throw in a pond. But our babies have helped a o much by clewnung it up too. And the fish crawdads and bullfrogs give plenty to do all day. They are all put up in there luxurious two story "Quack Shack" lol.
and the indoor outdoor carpet is very easy to wash away the bsd poopy. They love it and they love the pond. I have to go out in my kayak each night to round em up then they know where to go.
Huey and Dewy our muskys love the top the most.. thinking bout opening up a syn roof covered slash top deck for them with roosting limbs.

TeamKelBo..

very cool, i like the "2 story" idea. i thought about it w/my duck house, but i use the upper shelves for storage; food, etc and i didnt want more to clean. muscovy ducks love to roost, just like chickens. do you have scovey's? just curious.
great job on your duck house. thanks for sharing, sorry i am late on replying,but i dont get on this threat every day.

very cool, i like the "2 story" idea. i thought about it w/my duck house, but i use the upper shelves for storage; food, etc and i didnt want more to clean. muscovy ducks love to roost, just like chickens. do you have scovey's? just curious.
great job on your duck house. thanks for sharing, sorry i am late on replying,but i dont get on this threat every day.
Thanks and it started out as being storage and it went from there.
Cedars laying where the storage was gonna be. But I used it all and my storage is on the end.
I'm thinking bout putting a hole in the top and have a separate area on top just for my Scovys at night. They seem to be getting more aggressive with all the others. Huey and Dewy are my biggest supporters...lol They are way more personal than the others but I still hold em all as much as possible.
Huey will let me hold him most the time with not much trouble.
My Rouens are fillingg in great. Donald has his curls and his white ring is starting.
Dewy is getting very pecky with all the others and who else has a double header? Lol. Got me some loving from Luey Luey...Hes so clumsy...Bless his heart. He has the most trouble getting up the ramp at bedtime.
I love watching the Svovys grooming and showing off. Dewy is flying on a regular basis but only of a morning in and out of the pond and showing off and acting like she's asking the others " did yall see me did yall see me???" Wagging her tail and making so many new awesome sounds. They are so amazing and I'm learning more and more everyday. And I swear they change hourly. I see new things everytime I look at them. Rambling again...Thanks yall.

TeamKelBoMorrison

hey all, I have a 15x6 foot pond that's 2 feet at the deepest point for my ducks and I was wondering if anyone had any suggestions on how to keep it from turning green, like an arrator or a fountain of some kind. thanks.
i have the same problem.. i drained it and put a pool out for them cause i didnt know how to get rid of the green with out hurting the ducks

Anyone who can help im in need of it! My duck found fruit soaked in alcohol and shes miserable! I dont know what to do!!!! She is seperated from my others and has fresh water but you can see she feels aweful
1f62d.png

Thanks and it started out as being storage and it went from there. Cedars laying where the storage was gonna be. But I used it all and my storage is on the end. I'm thinking bout putting a hole in the top and have a separate area on top just for my Scovys at night. They seem to be getting more aggressive with all the others. Huey and Dewy are my biggest supporters...lol They are way more personal than the others but I still hold em all as much as possible. Huey will let me hold him most the time with not much trouble. My Rouens are fillingg in great. Donald has his curls and his white ring is starting. Dewy is getting very pecky with all the others and who else has a double header? Lol. Got me some loving from Luey Luey...Hes so clumsy...Bless his heart. He has the most trouble getting up the ramp at bedtime. I love watching the Svovys grooming and showing off. Dewy is flying on a regular basis but only of a morning in and out of the pond and showing off and acting like she's asking the others " did yall see me did yall see me???" Wagging her tail and making so many new awesome sounds. They are so amazing and I'm learning more and more everyday. And I swear they change hourly. I see new things everytime I look at them. Rambling again...Thanks yall.

TeamKelBoMorrison
LOL, I love it!

Anyone who can help im in need of it! My duck found fruit soaked in alcohol and shes miserable! I dont know what to do!!!! She is seperated from my others and has fresh water but you can see she feels aweful
1f62d.png
O my. Sorry to hear this. I would suggest calling a Vet immediately or even poison control.

LOL, I love it!

O my. Sorry to hear this. I would suggest calling a Vet immediately or even poison control.
Alcohol poisoning in a duck what would you do flush like for other toxins? @ducklifelover Ren2014 is right I think a vet or poison control would be best. Please let us know how she is.

Alcohol poisoning in a duck what would you do flush like for other toxins? @ducklifelover
  Ren2014 is right I think a vet or poison control would be best. Please let us know how she is.
thanks guys she is doing better. She even made her way back out and about with the others too!!

I took my bum leg Donald to the vet today, she doesn't think his foot was bumblefoot or related directly to his knee swelling now. We have an antibiotic and anti-inflammatory/pain med for him. We will take him back next week. The antibiotic is a liquid, I tried squirting it on bread but he wouldn't touch it, he was also pretty stressed from the whole morning and "threw up" on the way home
1f615.png
Any suggestions on something safe for me to put it on/in that might be better than bread? I've never given them bread as I have read its not great for them, none of the other ducks would eat the bread I threw them this afternoon either, so maybe my ducks don't like bread? lol

He took a selfie at the vet
1f61c.png

Back
Top Bottom