The EE braggers thread!!!

Some new EE chicks I got, first time with EE's any tips on them. I haven't had normalish chickens like these ever only ever had silkies. There's 6 chicks 2 pics of each.

Just one word of caution, Easter Eggers are very athletic birds. They can fly better than most dual-purpose breeds so covered runs are needed to keep them in. Other than that, they are pretty much like keeping any other chicken.

Some new EE chicks I got, first time with EE's any tips on them. I haven't had normalish chickens like these ever only ever had silkies. There's 6 chicks 2 pics of each.

Adorable! Take photos as they grow up. They change quite a bit!

I will take photos but I think one has crooked beak so I'm debating to get rid of it and get a new one or not, I've already had to cull a chick and DO NOT want to do it again. Its beak has stayed like that so far just slightly opened its only my second day with them so will it maybe just fix? (Chick on the left)(also I wasn't chocking it I just had it flipped its beak just looks like I am)

Last edited:
I will take photos but I think one has crooked beak so I'm debating to get rid of it and get a new one or not, I've already had to cull a chick and DO NOT want to do it again. Its beak has stayed like that so far just slightly opened its only my second day with them so will it maybe just fix? (Chick on the left)(also I wasn't chocking it I just had it flipped its beak just looks like I am)

Doubtful it will ever correct itself or be fully straight. It may remain the same or get worse. Rehoming it could be difficult, not many want a crossbeak chick. It's minor, and shouldn't really effect the bird health-wise... for now.

Back
Top Bottom