The fish tank thread.

One whole tank, funny, you are living my dream. I always wanted a big pond where I could go out on my canoe and see all my fish.

My ponds are not that big. I have three fish ponds and one for just plants. One is 2,000 gallons and the other two 1,500 gallons.

I love guppies and angelfish. As soon as I can find a tank at the local thrift store I may acquire some.

I love angels too, though they don't hold still too well.

Platys are in another tank, there's some golden barbs, one remaining tiger barb that's going to live forever, three black widow tetras, a couple of blue gouramis. I do pretty good keeping Angel fish, most will live quite a few years. I also have one remaining yoyo loach who is 12 years old.

Brought my pond goldfish in, they are in my 6 foot long, 125 gallon tank, the mag float is a 4 inch one for size comparison, I'm always amazed how big they are.

Brought my pond goldfish in, they are in my 6 foot long, 125 gallon tank, the mag float is a 4 inch one for size comparison, I'm always amazed how big they are.

Here in Alabama I don't bring my fish in during winter. We get very little ice and I have way too many to take inside.

I have channel catfish and bluegill along with my goldfish and Koi. I will add some minnows this winter for fish food because they don't eat enough floating food when the water gets cold and it just fouls the water.

I saw a large tank at a thrift store this weekend but they wanted $ 99.50 for it. It had a bug power filter but all I need is a tank.

I live in Michigan and my goldfish (all ~500 of them, only started with two) And koi are fine outside during the winter. the pond they're in is about 6 feet at the deepest point and they share it with bluegill and bass. Last winter we had a huge die off of gills, but the goldfish were fine. I kinda wish this winter will take a lot of the goldfish out because they are a nuisance now.

Goldfish do breed like rabbits, mine eat all that is spawned now so I don't get any, and my pond is about 250 gallon raised stone pond, we are in Wisconsin and it would freeze solid.

Goldfish do breed like rabbits, mine eat all that is spawned now so I don't get any, and my pond is about 250 gallon raised stone pond, we are in Wisconsin and it would freeze solid.

Do you have any plants in the pond? I can't seem to keep the population down.

We may get a little ice now and then but if I keep the water moving it won't freeze solid. We never get ice more than a couple inches thick and that is rare. It is gone by mid-day.

Back
Top Bottom