The Front Porch Swing

HappyMemorialDay.jpg

Ahhh.......... how refreshing... I am loving this thread already!!!

That front porch is AWESOME!! definitely a dream front porch, lol... I need to post a pic of my front porch in the fall.. that is when it looks the best with all the stuff I take out of the garden to decorate it with.. right now it is not very exciting.. just a welcome sign and the milk box, lol, time to get some annuals to put in some pots and liven it up a bit
big_smile.png

Well, busy weekend here for me!! Saturday sold 20 chicks, a few pullets, a cockerel and a roo, talk about a sigh of relief!! Moved some juvies out to the grow-out pen, so now I'm down to 1 brooder in the garage and NO chicks in the house, YAY!!! (except that more eggs are due for lockdown later this week, but those chicks are already sold, so they don't count, right???)

Today spent the day making the rows and squares in my garden, it was plowed last week.. Was able to get some carrot, radish, beet, zuke and onion seeds in the ground... hoping to get the rest in tomorrow before it rains the rest of the week... I LOVE summer!!

Oh, if you don't mind my asking... I need to get some bird netting to cover one of my runs. Anyone have a recommendation on where to get some?? I will need to order it, can't find it anywhere locally..

frow.gif
Mesha!

I don't know where the best place to get it would be-I need to get some for my peacock pen too.

I would love to see your front porch-that is a requirement when we move. A nice porch and a big kitchen.
big_smile.png

Quote: Sigh, if I had a porch like that it would be cluttered with guy stuff so quickly it would lead to marital mutiny. Yeah, I'd have my carrot juice in one hand and a big whopping stick in the other. And NO greasy grimy hands on my cushions.

shoot, Do you see what they have done to me? I am defending the cleanliness of a make believe space. Maybe I need sonew's Margareta over the carrot juice.

Oh, if you don't mind my asking...  I need to get some bird netting to cover one of my runs.  Anyone have a recommendation on where to get some??  I will need to order it, can't find it anywhere locally..

I found netting on e-bay. DH finally got the last field of soybeans planted Saturday and then it rained yesterday :D

Poor dad yesterday would have been he and mom's 54th wedding anniversary. He said it was the worst day of his life. I think he finally just realized that she is really gone.

Now that the farm is planted we can finish fixing up the other house for sale and then start fixing the farm house. We need things like heat a d plumbing that dosen't freeze, lol. No one has lived in the farm house in the Winters for 13 or so years. They just put antifreeze in the pipes and shut it down.

I can't wait until the GP's are big enough to get to work over here. We had a predator take something the other night right by the barn while we were standing there. It wasn't anything of ours. Maybe a rabbit? The poor thing was screaming. We chased it all the way to the woods but still didn't see it. DH walked back to the barn but I stood at the end of the woods and told whatever it was that it was "toast" when the GP's get here. DH was laughing at me. As BM6 said we live in the middle of nowhere now and predators are everywhere. The woods across from us that is not ours is full of coyotes. I guess they live amid some abandoned cars and junk. We do have some deer hunters we let use our woods and they said they were taking care of all the coyotes on our side.

I did buy some new coops that are raccoon proof and coyote proof. I saw the raccoon foot marks on the roof trying to get in. I will look for a pix of the new coops. I found them on CL and asked the guy if he could divide them in 1/2 since I have alot of quads and trios instead of flocks. We have 3 already and are expecting 4 more before Winter. DH's having water and electric run out by the coops for the heated water bowls and heat lamps for Winter. The chickens will probaly be warmer than we are.

I have a hatching going on right now, I'm going to check how it is going and get some chicks in the mail today.

ThanksBM6 for starting this thread.

:frow   Mesha!

I don't know where the best place to get it would be-I need to get some for my peacock pen too.

I would love to see your front porch-that is a requirement when we move. A nice porch and a big kitchen. :D

how about a finished house? I would LOVE that! Im a contractors wife and our houses always get done last while they go out and build bazzillion $ houses:( sigh...I'll just take a finished bathroom :D

Back
Top Bottom