The Front Porch Swing

I kept driving realtors crazy demanding to see the blueprints of every house we looked at when we were searching for our home, but that's the kind of reason why it's a good idea. I try to minimize all surprises
smile.png
Hope you don't run into any other nasty hidden gems of planning.
lol took us three years to find this house, and omgosh blueprints of septics, house property lines.. I am fairly sure the realitor was a saint in disguise

Bamboo is great building material VERY strong... Just make sure you dry it before you use it somewhere because just a chopped off stalk can root from every joint. But I have seen it used quite successfully as fencing material. or woven into a lattuce for growing veggies.

Its a grass and there are several herbacides that will stop its progress... Do some research.

deb

Deb, thank you for the ideas! A fence is in the plans for around the garden this summer--- I'm sure we can repurpose some of this stuff! We have a healthy deer population here and if the winter keeps going the way it is right now, they will be as strong as ever come spring.

Anyone have any experience with cats? Help please
1f628.png

We got my son a cat from the shelter, who was a spayed female, and even had a hysterectomy scar.
Well, last night she was on my lap and cleaned herself, and near the anus, I saw what definitely looked like a penis, it kind of protruded out and when I had my husband come and take a look, it had retracted back in.
The cat does have a large head, which is usually a sign of a male. But the vet said it was female and she has clearly been spayed.
This is the cat in question

It was dark pink, came out of what I thought was the vulva opening, and the cat was spayed at the shelter by their vet, and we also took her to our own vet for first shots and checkup.

Granted we didn't specifically ask our vet about checking the sex, and it's an extremely hairy cat, but I'm worried what was taken out during the hysterectomy, and if I should get the cat neutered now. I can't see if it still has testicles or not. Guess it's time to see a vet no matter what!

I can't believe I had to ask a question about a penis.... Sorry folks ;)

Thanks Deb!

It was dark pink, came out of what I thought was the vulva opening, and the cat was spayed at the shelter by their vet, and we also took her to our own vet for first shots and checkup.

Granted we didn't specifically ask our vet about checking the sex, and it's an extremely hairy cat, but I'm worried what was taken out during the hysterectomy, and if I should get the cat neutered now. I can't see if it still has testicles or not. Guess it's time to see a vet no matter what!

I can't believe I had to ask a question about a penis.... Sorry folks
wink.png

Thanks Deb!

From the looks of the picture I would have said female.... especially on an adult cat. Maybe it was her Clitorus?

deb .... off to go see if she can find cat privates pictures

Yep they do... just FYI

Last edited:
Thank you, Linda! I ordered three boxes (6 waterers!) EVERYBODY - check it out, it is a steal.
Yes, I wanted to share this great buy!!! I love it when a plan comes together.
yippiechickie.gif

Here is the post:

http://www.sears.com/miller-mfg-co-...M10942639216?adCell=REC_1_0&redirectType=SRDT

Normally the cheapest I've found is around $38 each shipped. This is two for the $28.98 price and is shipped free. I bought 4 of them.

http://www.sears.com/zhengzhou-machinery-hanging-yellow-chicken-turkey-poultry-feeder/p-SPM7673742505?prdNo=26&blockNo=26&blockType=G26

I bought the 10 pack for $44.99. Total with sales tax is $111.

I have BIG news. Getting a smart phone and can start sending pictures. Woohoo.
yesss.gif

Last edited:

You are lucky it is bamboo and not Japanese Knotweed. The stalks look like bamboo but they have no value for anything and is really hard to kill. It has really deep roots and you have to dig up EVERY LITTLE BIT of them or it will be back up in a week. And, of course, you can't pull on the stalk or roots AT ALL to help get them out, they break off. It spreads underground by the roots. Horribly invasive. You can EVENTUALLY kill it by making sure every stalk that starts is dug out before it can feed the roots.

Your boys can continue their jungle adventures by making blowguns from the bamboo stalks. Not sure where you are going to get the poison dart frogs or curare plants though.

Back
Top Bottom