The Front Porch Swing

Tomorrow is my big day. I've been on a 1200 calorie high protein diet for 2 weeks and am down 10 pounds. Tomorrow I go in for my gastric sleeve surgery. They will keep me overnight and I'll be home on Thursday. Wish me luck with the surgery (I HATE hospitals) and hopefully by Christmas I'll be 1/2 of the woman I am today, more or less. :)

Oh My Goodness .... please keep us posted on your progress....

deb

Have a question for the all wise ones on the front porch. My main roo got in to a fight with one of the other roos yesterday and got his hiney whipped!
sad.png
The other roo found a new home with friends. If I could process my own chickens, he would be in freezer camp! Any way, my poor roo got pecked or something in one eye. It is closed, a little swollen and looks a little white under it. It is not oozing or anything coming out of it. Does anyone have any suggestions of what I should do. He seems very depressed. Found him out just laying in the yard with his face on the ground, but he got up and was doing fine. He is up and around and doesn't seem to be injured any where else.

First I want to thank everyone for their prayers and condolences. I am doing some better today. The pastor from the church I went to Sunday stopped by today. He was on vacation Sunday so I didn't meet him. I like him very much. I will be going back this Sunday.
I went to Veteran Services yesterday and if I can obtain a copy of a divorce decree from Denver they may be able to get me a pension. I tried before to get it and they said I had to come in person or send a courier to get it. I will try again tonight to do it online.
We are doing a celebration of Doug's life on August 9th. It is the soonest all the immediate family can be together .Just keep me in your thoughts and prayers and pray that Doug is in God's embrace.

Have been and will continue to pray for you and your family. I like the idea of celebrating your husbands life.

Tomorrow is my big day. I've been on a 1200 calorie high protein diet for 2 weeks and am down 10 pounds. Tomorrow I go in for my gastric sleeve surgery. They will keep me overnight and I'll be home on Thursday. Wish me luck with the surgery (I HATE hospitals) and hopefully by Christmas I'll be 1/2 of the woman I am today, more or less. :)

I wish you the very best on this. I have heard good things on this. Much better than the really invasive surgery. Horror stories on those kind. My horror stories. Of course when I had it done the Sleeve hadn't been invented yet.
lau.gif
Stay positive and forward going. Middle DD Aimee had the big surgery also and at the time happened to work at the hospital where it was performed. She did so well that she was promoted as a liason with all bariatric patients. All in the past, now she owns and runs a Dog Grooming and Boarding shop. What a difference in lifestyle.
tongue2.gif
Good luck, honey, you'll be fine.

Will pray for you! Hospitals are NOT fun, but it is for a short visit.

fl.gif
hugs.gif
Praying for you. And
clap.gif
on the 10lbs down. I hope it's just half size not have the woman, I bet you are a great woman n we wouldn't want u half great!!!
lau.gif
lol

Tomorrow is my big day.  I've been on a 1200 calorie high protein diet for 2 weeks and am down 10 pounds.   Tomorrow I go in for my gastric sleeve surgery.  They will keep me overnight and I'll be home on Thursday.  Wish me luck with the surgery (I HATE hospitals) and hopefully by Christmas I'll be 1/2 of the woman I am today, more or less. :)

:ya

Prayers and best wishes. I know how scary hospitals can be. Love and the best of luck. hope you have a rapid recovery. Keep
us posted.

Good Morning fellow Porchers,
smile.png
checking in to wish everyone a very happy, fruitful and blessed day.

My chickens that I bought as chicks are now 20wks old and some have started squatting, I have two older ones that lay an egg each day but I can't wait for my first egg from this girls, I hope it's soon
fl.gif
I've been letting them free range in the evening but they have figured out how to get into my garden over the low fence so no more.

As for the ducks they are a funny bunch, great to watch forage all day long outside and now the 4wks old are finally spending the night with the 9wks old ones last night was the first and they did great
celebrate.gif
. Initially I was getting them for meat and only leave a breeding pair of Muscovy and a pair of Pekin but they are so cute especially the Muscovy's, I might end up keeping all 5 of them. Seems like I have either 1 or 2 male and 4 or 3 female Muscovy one of them one day looks like a drake the next looks like a hen and 1 female pekin and 3 drakes pekin.

Love u all
Essie

Back
Top Bottom