the goose/geese thread! non-breed specific, just talk about geese in general :)

My 3 little babies, 2 Africans (?) And and Embden :)

not going to lie, but i can not wait for when my geese come. all these pics of baby geese make me kinda sad am getting adults (but that what you get for only wanting females)

Aww well still exciting! But i sure do enjoy the baby stage
Sad day for me... my baby chinese geese at 4 1/2 weeks old now are almost as big as the runner ducks. Norman started chasing down the ducks and attacking them. Biting them anywhere he could catch but mostly grabbing the ducks by their wings.
My husband wants them gone. Doesnt want to worry about the ducks getting hurt. And i dont want the ducks hurt either but its going to be sooo hard to give them away. Im so attached and they are soo attached to me.
But at least you get girls. Thats what we wanted was two girls. I dont know if it would have made a difference . But the boy- norman is who is doing the attacking.
If i ever try them again... which im sure i will ... i will order girls specifically and i will chose a more docile breed.
I had high hopes for my chinese babies even tho i have read they are more on the aggresive / territorial side.
However i have enjoyed every second of raising them up so far. They are soo intelligent! I never knew how smart and personable geese are
1f495.png

I'm a first time goose mom. I raised them in the house for the first 3 weeks and they've been outside now for about a week. They are African goslings and they are so sweet. This is them with their little Welsh Harlequin brother.

Attachments

• IMG_3248.JPG
    IMG_3248.JPG
    901 KB · Views: 3
I have 2 pair of Africans browns and 2 African buffs coming I already have 2 American blues and 1 American buff. I can 't wait till the babies are here. I love my geese.
Oh exciting! When will they arrive? Your other geese look like pretty happy geese!! Im so excited to watch mine grow up. Not sure if they are boys or girls. But they look different and walk different.. so i kinda think i have one of each
1f642.png

ducks4us I just herd from
holderread farms I should get them ether April 24 or25 or 26 they wil let me know right before I hope our weather is good. it has been very windy here I thought mickey was going to take off he got pretty high luckily he landed in the right pen. mickey is the buff.

Back
Top Bottom