The Heritage Rhode Island Red Site

Beautiful birds you've got there.! Im running Flanagan's line too... awesome and gentle big red birds
Thank you! I'm glad to hear someone who raises heritage is still following this thread. I had really figured everyone left because the thread was hijacked. How long have you had your birds? How many do you have? Yes, they are very large docile sweet birds. Good to hear from you!

Thank you! I'm glad to hear someone who raises heritage is still following this thread. I had really figured everyone left because the thread was hijacked. How long have you had your birds? How many do you have? Yes, they are very large docile sweet birds. Good to hear from you!
Im from Puerto Rico. I have 1 male and 5 females. They are 1 year and a couple months old now...this year I'm breeding the best to keep the best and start multiplying

I've been digesting and following this thread for 2 years now with not much signs of life. Original members are gone...1 messaged me back with great info and feedback. Lots.of great and valuable information posted here...the creator of the thread was a master with this red birds

Are you for the show or double purpose farm animal?

Have you read from page 1 to the end of the thread?

Im from Puerto Rico. I have 1 male and 5 females. They are 1 year and a couple months old now...this year I'm breeding the best to keep the best and start multiplying
Very nice. I'm doing the same. I have 3 coops set up to breed more. Hopefully
Are they laying already? Do you weigh them?
I have not weighed them, but I would guess the grown hens are 10 lbs or more and the roosters a couple pounds heavier.

I have made it through about 500 pages.

I am trying to keep them as close to the original standard as possible. So I guess I would say show birds, but they lay well and are huge. From my experience the hens have a tendency to be more broody. They are also more calm and less skittish then the production reds I have. They are by far my favorite.

Back
Top Bottom