The Heritage Rhode Island Red Site

Quote:
Wow cool
thumbsup.gif

I'm suppose to be getting a trio of adrians reds this coming Monday from a friend of mine
big_smile.png

This year were Going to be breeding SC RIR bantams, LF SC RIRs, and Silverduckwing Asil. Planning on going with a bang !
Getting intense on the breedings, & culling. I need to, If I ever plan on beating Cathy Gleasons Rhode islands
wink.png

Will do,
wink.png
I'm conditioning as of now the shows in like 3-4 wks.
Think loyed Flanagahn will be attending to. David Bell is going to be the secretary of the show, I'm sending my reds early so he can evaluate them. My bantam line of reds are suppose to be his old line. To have a master breeder like David as a mentor is a great honor
big_smile.png

What do you need to do for conditioning for the show with RIR's? Exercise? Washing? Cage conditioning? Preening? I'm sure there are some tricks for best results but I have never seen any posts for RIR's. Maybe some of the experienced show breeders can post up on this.

Hi I was wondering if I could get an opinion on my RIR? He is almost 7 months old and is a gentle giant. I am not into crazy pageant mom but I would like to think I could take him to the fair and show him off. I think he looks great but I am not an expert on how exactly he should look. Thank you so much.

80874_img_4671.jpg

80874_img_4656.jpg
These pics were taken about a month ago. Since then he seems top be getting a dark mahagony. (As well as the hen)

80874_byc_pic_for_sig.jpg

Last edited:
Here are pictures from the county fair where you can see our son being judged on his RIR breeding trio. He placed reserve champion and third over all for a state fair trip in livestock. It's pretty exciting to be sure!

40359_img_1109.jpg

40359_img_1113.jpg

Here are a few additional pictures. Sorry the background isn't very elegant, but you can see the birds better.

40359_img_1154.jpg

40359_img_1151.jpg

My Rhode islands are on their way
big_smile.png

They should be here in about 2 hrs
big_smile.png
big_smile.png
big_smile.png

Will be posting pics soon.
wink.png

These will be from Adrian R. Lines

I'm getting my reds from three pretty good breeders.
Cathy Gleason,
Adrian R. 5 total from adrians line, 1 cock, 1 cockerel, 2 hens,& 1 pullet.
And Loyed Flanighan. Trio.
All S.C Rhode Island Reds.

Back
Top Bottom