The Hummingbird Haven

Thanks. that was last winter. I keep my feeders going year round.. I have had rufous here before 2 years ago, and a swallow tailed one from Costa Rica. I cant remember the name. I get my weird ones in the winter. The rubys get thick. Last year I had well over 100 at one time.Ruby- throated. I have 8 now. They are just starting to show up

Last edited:
Thanks. that was last winter. I keep my feeders going year round.. I have had rufous here before 2 years ago, and a swallow tailed one from Costa Rica. I cant remember the name. I get my weird ones in the winter. The rubys get thick. Last year I had well over 100 at one time.Ruby- throated. I have 8 now. They are just starting to show up
Beautiful! It's quite clear.

Last edited:
! took all the pics with an iphone 4 except the ruby, That was with a Canon eos . Here is young male ruby throat shot with the canon. It is my sons girlfriend camera. she lets me borrow it when I see some cool ones. None of these pictures are enhanced or modified in any way.

This is NOT my photo but wanted to show everyone the exact bird that visited me three years ago in February. No fences in the sky. I sure wish I would have gotten my own pic of it. It sounded like a giant wasp

It was so loud! He was an awesome sight.

What kind was it, do you know? I've never seen anything like that except in my hummingbird calendars I get every year, and it doesn't name the species for some reason.

I love my Canon. I took this shot of a little Rufous and when I put the SD card in my computer I just had to laugh. Looks like he's conducting an orchestra or a sing-a-long.

lau.gif

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom