The Hummingbird Haven

Pics
Thanks. They are my very favorites of all my visitors. They are the smallest North American Hummingbird, and the only ones that have feathers on their gorgets that they can extend like a necklace.

I took these when it was way too dark for any sensible person to try, and his coloration is very washed out. It also looks like someone punched him in the eye! But they're the only ones I have that show those neck feathers extended.

I have contributed to those maps for a few years - missed last year I think because we had so much going on with Kendra. I posted a link a couple of pages back, too. Found a not so good shot of a Calliope. I was sitting on the deck and he flew up right in front of the camera...I barely got the remote shutter pressed and he was gone.
Looks like a great photo to me, Blooie. She is super cute.

Don't let anyone rain on your parade Blooie. Even us amateurs know what we like and what gives us joy!

Don't let anyone rain on your parade Blooie. Even us amateurs know what we like and what gives us joy!
thumbsup.gif
X2

Last edited:
Thanks, Julie. My mentor picked it apart. I kinda liked it, but after he pointed out stuff that I hadn't seen, I wasn't as pleased with it.
You're welcome. I reckon when you are going thru the learning process, a more experienced person will see the things we don't. I see a final product and it's great enough for me.

Thanks, Julie. My mentor picked it apart. I kinda liked it, but after he pointed out stuff that I hadn't seen, I wasn't as pleased with it.

Well, that's why we have mentors, right? To help with technical/composition things.

But there's also the indefinable quality that makes things art.

It's 46 degrees, cloudy, drizzling and windy this morning. And I have a Black Chinned hummer at the refueling feeder I keep up until late fall. He was here off and on all day yesterday too. All of the other feeders are in, washed, and put away for the year, but I always leave one out just for stragglers like this little guy. I love my life!

It's 46 degrees, cloudy, drizzling and windy this morning.  And I have a Black Chinned hummer at the refueling feeder I keep up until late fall.  He was here off and on all day yesterday too.  All of the other feeders are in, washed, and put away for the year, but I always leave one out just for stragglers like this little guy.  I love my life!
Blooie, you are a sweetheart. Thank you.

Back
Top Bottom