The Hummingbird Haven

Pics
Cool! That's about the only place I wouldn't mind finding a grasshopper, lol.

I don't know if he was up there to escape something or to sample the sugar water. But he was getting a heck of an E ride. The winds were howling that day and the feeder was really swaying back and forth with it. Stoopid grasshopper!

yuckyuck.gif

great pic. Precious little tree frog. So cute. The little green anole is cute too. Have never heard of him.

Thanks Julie Bird! Some people refer to them as chameleons because they can change color but their proper name is Carolina anole and they're found throughout most of the SE US. We have a bunch of them around and I like them because they eat bugs (and butterflies).

Thanks Julie Bird! Some people refer to them as chameleons because they can change color but their proper name is Carolina anole and they're found throughout most of the SE US. We have a bunch of them around and I like them because they eat bugs (and butterflies).
You're welcome. Now I know what the little thing is. I have never ever seen one in real life. It's great they are such wonderful pest control instead of chemicals.

Last edited:
You're welcome. Now I know what the little thing is. I have never ever seen one in real life. It's great they are such wonderful pest control instead of chemicals.
thumbsup.gif

We try to avoid using chemicals because of the animals (chickens, rabbits & goats). The only time the anoles bother me is when one slips into the house, they are hard to catch little rascals!

Blooie I live in Southern Indiana and I just put out two hummingbird feeders. I tied red christmas garland on the poles. I hope I get some hummingbirds this year. Do you change the sugar water every five days for them? Have you hung out your table cloth yet?

@Blooie

Back
Top Bottom