The Imported English Jubilee Orpington Thread

Pics
You'll find that the Jubilees will change a lot as they grow up. They mature slower (IMO) than the other Orps. Their feather colors will change as they get older and you will have a better idea of what the final outcome will be after they moult the 1st time. My rooster has changed quit a bit from when he was a youngster. He's taller than a 5 gallon Lowe's bucket! BIG.....LOL But....they are so gentle. Love them so much!

You'll find that the Jubilees will change a lot as they grow up. They mature slower (IMO) than the other Orps. Their feather colors will change as they get older and you will have a better idea of what the final outcome will be after they moult the 1st time. My rooster has changed quit a bit from when he was a youngster. He's taller than a 5 gallon Lowe's bucket! BIG.....LOL But....they are so gentle. Love them so much!

Ohhhhhhhh! He is handsome! Okay, I will be patient then. Sigh.

Jobele, he is gorgeous.
I have 4 roos right now and need to decide which to keep - they are about 14 weeks old - two are lighter, two are a bit darker - some more white some less. How do you decide as you say they change quite a bit. They are ALL just so sweet so it certainly would not be an issue for personality. What to do .....any suggestions. Thanks.

Jobele, he is gorgeous.
I have 4 roos right now and need to decide which to keep - they are about 14 weeks old - two are lighter, two are a bit darker - some more white some less. How do you decide as you say they change quite a bit. They are ALL just so sweet so it certainly would not be an issue for personality. What to do .....any suggestions. Thanks.

Haha! I am in the exact same boat. I am having a real hard time with them. I am trying so hard to be patient, but the longer I have them, the more I want to keep all of them. Ugh.

Haha! I am in the exact same boat. I am having a real hard time with them. I am trying so hard to be patient, but the longer I have them, the more I want to keep all of them. Ugh.
Glad I am not the only one with this tough decision. I may keep two now - Ugh. I have so many roosters but these Jubs are so so sweet. so......which ones which ones
idunno.gif

same here, I have ten hens and ten roosters. They are all dark, none are diamond jubilee color.Mine are almost 4 month old now.

Does anyone else find their Jubilees grow a lot slower than their other Orpingtons? We have two five month old pullets and we have three month old BBS girls who are the same size as them.

In my experience they are just plain smaller. I have a large flock of jubilees and not one of them is as large as the BBS imports.

Back
Top Bottom