The Imported English Jubilee Orpington Thread

Pics
Um, sorry but you are incorrect.
smile.png

A Jubilee Orpington is genetically a Mille Fleur bird with the Mahogany gene (Mh/Mh)

A Diamond Jubilee Orpington is genetically a Mille Fleur bird without the Mahogany gene. (mh+/mh+)

The presence of the Mahogany gene is what changes the ground color of the golden feathers in a MF bird to a deep red/brown hue.

You were correct when you said that the variety was created to mark the Queen of England's 50th year of reign, just slightly misinformed about the 2 different color varieties.

Hello,

I finally decided to get a rooster for my 14 hens. After looking at several roosters I ended up getting an 8 month old Jubilee Orpington 2 days ago. I was not expecting him to be so huge! What are the colour standards for this breed? Can anyone tell me about their experiences with this breed.
Thanks, Cori

We are new to Jubilees we have GFF line and Fancy Chuck line they are gorgeous with a sweet temperament. We haven't hatched any yet, they are laying great . We have 2 out of 4 pullets laying and waiting on fertility confirmation. I like the deep color of your Rooster, I have one dark one like yours but with more coloring.

Back
Top Bottom