The Imported English Jubilee Orpington Thread

Pics
I have a question.. I'm new to this and was wondering if I breed a Jubilee to a Jubilee will I get Jubilee... thanks in advance

Are jubilees genetically just mahogany+mottled+columbian? Why do they have a slightly different pattern than speckled sussex and mille fleur d'uccles?

Do you have any recent photos of this bird? I purchased some Jubilee / Buff Orp chicks about a year ago. Predators got 2 but 2 made it, 1 Rooster and 1 Hen. At around 8 weeks both had some light white spots, but those disappeared after their first molt and now they just look like a darker colored Buff. They are in my layer flock, which I've been hatching eggs from. I've gotten a number of similar chicks, a Buff color with white spots that fade between 8 and 12 weeks. But I have 2 that are colored like the one in the photo above. A little darker base color, and not quite as much white, but they are a little younger than the one in the photo and the white seems to be staying this time, and actually getting more pronounced. I think the Jubilee genes from each parent lined up in both of the chicks I have :)
Did yours develop more black as it matured? Is this considered a Diamond Jubilee?

Last edited:
Do you have any recent photos of this bird? I purchased some Jubilee / Buff Orp chicks about a year ago. Predators got 2 but 2 made it, 1 Rooster and 1 Hen. At around 8 weeks both had some light white spots, but those disappeared after their first molt and now they just look like a darker colored Buff. They are in my layer flock, which I've been hatching eggs from. I've gotten a number of similar chicks, a Buff color with white spots that fade between 8 and 12 weeks. But I have 2 that are colored like the one in the photo above. A little darker base color, and not quite as much white, but they are a little younger than the one in the photo and the white seems to be staying this time, and actually getting more pronounced. I think the Jubilee genes from each parent lined up in both of the chicks I have :)
Did yours develop more black as it matured? Is this considered a Diamond Jubilee?

I can get pictures today if the weather stays clear. This is Acorn and she is a Jubilee. A Diamond Jubilee lacks the mahogany gene. Yes, they get darker as the age/molt. She was about 8-9 weeks old in that picture.

Here is a picture of all of them together at about 6 months old.

These are my two, they are about 2 months old, hatched in late Dec.

Chick 1

Chick 2

They look a little darker in the photos than in person, probably because I took them yesterday around dusk using my flash.

Any gender guess?

Back
Top Bottom