The Imported English Jubilee Orpington Thread

Pics
How old is the chick?  It's comb is still fairly small and does not look red.  The wing are pretty dark.  I would not let it go yet.  I think it looks like a pullet, but I am no expert on this breed.   I  do know my cockerels have much lighter wings than that and grew their tail feathers in much later than the pullets.  Good luck.
its about 4 weeks. The comb is not pink, and it's the only one jubilee I have so far, so none to compare.
It hasn't really developed a tail yet. I'll try to get a better shot of it

I have 13 Jubilees (2 I hatched from eggs won at auction and 11 from another breeder). I'm hoping you all can help...
How does one manipulate the coloring? I realize that's a loaded question, but for instance if a chick has a lot of feathers that are white, is that indicative of its adult plumage? If so, and as an adult it has a lot of white, can it be bred to another with less white with success? I actually love how the white feathers look, but I realize that's not what we should be breeding towards.
Also, I thought I'd read somewhere that the coloring and it's difficulty is more easily perpetuated through line breeding, but if my unrelated birds both exhibit characteristics I like, wouldn't that combination be better?
Thanks in advance!

Here are my new Jubilees!

Now that I'm looking at my chick, I'm really thinking it's a pullet. It has no pink on the comb.
But the above cockerel with the white: do males normally have more white at that young of an age?
My pullet (praying it's so) is darker

Back
Top Bottom