The Imported English Jubilee Orpington Thread

Pics
Hi all,
I recently purchased two of these wonderful chicks straight run. I got one beautiful pullet and one amazing little cockerel. I need to find the cockerel a home. He is from Sacre/Greenfire. He is super sweet and I handle him daily. I would keep him, but I don't have room with my laying flock. He was hatched April 25, 2014 at Owl Meadow farms. I want him to find a flock to take care of. He is really good with his sister. Pm me for pictures we are in Chapel hill, nc. I am working on NPIP, but none of my flock are old enough to be tested(3-7weeks old). The rest were hatching eggs and came from NPIP farms. I have had him and his sister since they were less then a day old.

Last edited:
Jubilee pullet getting bigger

Hello! I just got a jubilee baby 4 weeks ago. I don't have any other Jubilees, so I don't have a direct comparison, but I am beginning to suspect that she may be a rooster? Compared to my other chicks she has gigantic legs, and her comb is reddening quicker than any of the others. Is 4 weeks too early to tell? Is this just more common with this breed? I am new to chickens, sorry if I am asking obvious things.

Thank you so much for any input!

Hello! I just got a jubilee baby 4 weeks ago. I don't have any other Jubilees, so I don't have a direct comparison, but I am beginning to suspect that she may be a rooster? Compared to my other chicks she has gigantic legs, and her comb is reddening quicker than any of the others. Is 4 weeks too early to tell? Is this just more common with this breed? I am new to chickens, sorry if I am asking obvious things.

I think it's really early. But, in previous posts, I was told the boys often have a lot of white on their chests. I found that to be very true with my chicks.

I would guess cockeral for this one based on the width of the comb and the white on its chest.

Thank you.. I've checked him before. Him and GreenFire both have chicks available but not eggs
roll.png
. I am sure I will find some eventually, I may have to get some lemon cuckoo to tied me over until then.....what a shame
tongue.png
You might save money in the long run buying chicks. I've heard that the jubilee orpington hatching eggs don't ship very well and now that we're getting into summer, they won't be as viable as in mid spring.

Back
Top Bottom