The Imported English Jubilee Orpington Thread

Pics

I have 2 lovely Jubilee Orpingtons. I believe they are girls but someone has put doubt in my mind and thinks they are boys. They are between 2 and 3 months old. I have enclosed photos to ask for your thoughts. Many thanks.

Darcy on left, Dorothy on right

Dorothy on left Darcy on right

Dorothy

Darcy

I have 2 lovely Jubilee Orpingtons. I believe they are girls but someone has put doubt in my mind and thinks they are boys. They are between 2 and 3 months old. I have enclosed photos to ask for your thoughts. Many thanks.

Darcy on left, Dorothy on right

Dorothy on left Darcy on right

Dorothy

Darcy

I think they're pullets. My boys REALLY looked like boys by that time. And some of my girls (who are now 20 weeks) looked similar to yours.

Lucky you, both pullets!  My first group of 5 chicks gave me 4 cockerels.  Do you need a boyfriend for your girls?

I'd love a boy but I don't think my Neigbors would approve!

I just love Orpingtons. I have had 2 buffs in the past who were super sweet. I'm excited to get Jubilees. I am also pleased there is thread dedicated to them. I have a PBR and EE older girls. I'm not looking forward to putting the new girls in (when they are older). I have a big dog cage ready to go in the main run, so they can all get used to each other before they are put together. Fingers crossed :)

Thanks so much for all your replies.

Yay!!! So excited. Just got my email letting us know my jubilee chicks from fancy chick will be shipped next week. These are a birthday present from my DH. :) now the dreaded wait begins lol. Looking forward to sharing some happy chicky pics soon!

Yay!!! So excited. Just got my email letting us know my jubilee chicks from fancy chick will be shipped next week. These are a birthday present from my DH.
smile.png
now the dreaded wait begins lol. Looking forward to sharing some happy chicky pics soon!
I hope you don't end with a lot of cockerels. I had some tough luck recently (not Jubilee). Got 8 unsexed chicks and 7 out of 8 turned out to be cockerels. Anyways on the positive side Jubilees are so fun to watch as they transform from yellow chicks to all those beautiful patterns.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom