The Imported English Jubilee Orpington Thread

Pics
another view

my phone won't let me do more than 1 pic at a time.
The one I know is a boy has tons of white. This one just a little on chest. But her possible mom has more white than necessary too

Chest shot
I did notice the legs getting a little red how males do from hormonal changes. I thought for sure this was a girl, now in second guessing

Last edited:
I'm working on this with my Wyandotte bantams.

Parents

Chicks (also 4 pure red porcelains)

Red porcelain x splash hens

Red porcelain x blue laced golden hen
Yours is a great project. Please keep us posted here unless you prefer the Wyandotte thread
smile.png

I thought you all might like to see my Jubilees! I reduced down my girls to my three best, put them with my biggest boy, and produced pullets like the second picture. I can't wait for the ones that are really "mine" to mature.

i have a question about fertility. its probably been answered before but i am not going through all these posts! Anyway, i know my boy does his job, i have a test batch in the incubator and half of the eggs were fertile. I am thinking that they are from one hen and that the other isnt getting fertilized. I dont know which one of my 2 girls it would be, both have the mussed up feathers on their backs, but i am wondering if maybe it is the bigger of the two..maybe he just cant "get to her"? i am not there to collect the eggs to know which ones are which. the kids get them after school and i collect when i get out of work.

i have a question about fertility. its probably been answered before but i am not going through all these posts! Anyway, i know my boy does his job, i have a test batch in the incubator and half of the eggs were fertile. I am thinking that they are from one hen and that the other isnt getting fertilized. I dont know which one of my 2 girls it would be, both have the mussed up feathers on their backs, but i am wondering if maybe it is the bigger of the two..maybe he just cant "get to her"? i am not there to collect the eggs to know which ones are which. the kids get them after school and i collect when i get out of work.
Did you trim butts? That might help.

Back
Top Bottom