The Imported English Jubilee Orpington Thread

Pics
So if Jubilee x Splash gives you 100% blue Jubilees, should Jubilee x Blue give you 50% "black" Jubilee and 50% blue Jubilee, then? I'm basing this on the fact that black x splash gives 100% blue, and black x blue gives 50/50 black/blue. Just looking for confirmation.

jubilee x splash gives 100% blue and split for mottled
jubilee x blue gives 50% blue split for mottled and 50% black split for mottled

You'll need to put the blue F1 back to jubilee to get pure blue marked jubilee (12,5% chance on blue marked jubilee).
Other colors you might get are blue and black with red leaking through, blue and black mottled with red leaking through, red columbia blue/black marked, jubilee.

I purchased 5 Jubilee Orpinton straight run chicks hatched in January and February. The two youngest have quite a bit more white than the other three. The others darkened up much younger.
I have no idea which are pullets or cockerels. When will the differences become more obvious?

Also their pigment seems quite pale even the combs. My other breeds the same age have red combs. They are on the same feed.

I purchased 5 Jubilee Orpinton straight run chicks hatched in January and February. The two youngest have quite a bit more white than the other three. The others darkened up much younger.
I have no idea which are pullets or cockerels. When will the differences become more obvious?

Also their pigment seems quite pale even the combs. My other breeds the same age have red combs. They are on the same feed.
I am no expert at this but the first 2 pics are definitely pullets. The bottom one seems to be a boy but should wait couple of more weeks and you will know for sure. Orpingtons mature much slower than other chicken thats why their combs are not red yet.

As mentioned earlier, I crossed a jubilee cockerel with a splash hen.
You'll get the same chicks + black colored downs as @SanderB explained. I don't think you'll see lots of red those first weeks.

Here are my jubilee x splash and jubilee x blue laced gold chicks at one week old :

jubilee x splash

jubilee x blue laced gold

Back
Top Bottom