The Imported English Jubilee Orpington Thread

Pics
My jubilees a couple of them had feathers on their feet...not much but some...is this a throw back of some kind?

Yes, to the Cochin that was mixed in. It's a fault in Orps, so try to breed away from it as much as possible.

Ok I will....my chick lets don't have it at all... Two Roos I used to have had it. They aren't here anymore and were never used for breeding. Thank you!

I love that thing. Total time suck.

ok! I finally have some time to get pictures. I thinks I have 1 pullet and cockreal out of the jubilee/splash.

This on is my Wyandotte. I was surprised to see white tips on the ends...

Last edited:
so, those will probably be the only ones i have unless some of the eggs I saved last week were from my splash and are fertile. She was egg bound, i noticed Saturday she was walking funny and panting.. so i did a little research and figured that what it was.. well.. yesterday, she passed the eggs (3 of them!) one looked normal, one was misshapen and the other was dark, almost like a maran egg, but there were visable viens on the shell and lots of blood. But, i figure she passed them and she might be ok. that wasnt the case.

RIP Elsa, my big sweet baby.

@mollybuck

Too bad your splash hen didn't make it.
She looked very pretty. Luckily you got some chicks from her.
On these pictures, I can't tell whether they are pullets or cockerels, but since I am no expert at all when it comes to Orpingtons, I will leave that to those who know what they are talking about.
When it comes to their color, they still look "clean" blue. Here my cockerels started showing a little bit of red after 1,5 months, the pullets a little later.
I might take some new pictures today to show you what I'm talking about.
I've seen lots of blue laced red and golden laced Wyandotte (bantam) chicks that had those white markings on the end of their feathers.
That disappears when they mature.
If these two chicks turn out to be a cockerel and a pullet, do you consider putting them together in a pen?
You might get some really nice colors that way, but mainly blue (mottled), black (mottled) and splash.

Do y'all have any experience with Jubilees being broody moms? Mine has been on the best 4 days and I think I may give her some bator eggs although the girl is sitting on absolutely nothing next to the hatch door which doesn't close. She's not my brightest chicken....

Do y'all have any experience with Jubilees being broody moms? Mine has been on the best 4 days and I think I may give her some bator eggs although the girl is sitting on absolutely nothing next to the hatch door which doesn't close. She's not my brightest chicken....
Jubilees do seem to have some sort of non-bright genes hanging around. I don't have experience with other Orpingtons yet so don't know if that is true for them as well or just the Jubilees. One also needs to check whether that's English Orpingtons or American Orpingtons as well.

Last edited:
Jubilees do seem to have some sort of non-bright genes hanging around. I don't have experience with other Orpingtons yet so don't know if that is true for them as well or just the Jubilees. One also needs to check whether that's English Orpingtons or American Orpingtons as well.

She's definitely English from a pretty reputable breeder outside of Nashville with gorgeous English Orps. I just wonder if she could raise babies. She's currently sitting on air and really trying to protect it...

She's definitely English from a pretty reputable breeder outside of Nashville with gorgeous English Orps. I just wonder if she could raise babies. She's currently sitting on air and really trying to protect it...
I never doubted her English origins. I was just wondering that the not so bright genes she has (also my Jubilees from 2 different sources have), whether they are limited to English breeds only or other Orpingtons that have American blood carry those genes as well.

P.S. I will have 1 or possibly 2 Jubilee cockerels, about six weeks old now available to be re-homed pretty soon. Anyone close to Chicago who is interested please PM me. I can also ship and am NPIP in Illinois if paperwork is needed.

@mollybuck

Too bad your splash hen didn't make it.
She looked very pretty. Luckily you got some chicks from her.
On these pictures, I can't tell whether they are pullets or cockerels, but since I am no expert at all when it comes to Orpingtons, I will leave that to those who know what they are talking about.
When it comes to their color, they still look "clean" blue. Here my cockerels started showing a little bit of red after 1,5 months, the pullets a little later.
I might take some new pictures today to show you what I'm talking about.
I've seen lots of blue laced red and golden laced Wyandotte (bantam) chicks that had those white markings on the end of their feathers.
That disappears when they mature.
If these two chicks turn out to be a cockerel and a pullet, do you consider putting them together in a pen?
You might get some really nice colors that way, but mainly blue (mottled), black (mottled) and splash.
thanks, yea. it was a sad morning. i cant really tell boy from girls.. they are only 3 weeks old now, so hopefully they will get coloring! i see a few feathers that look dirty...
thats good to know. my wyandottes are 2 years old and i didnt keep any chicks from them last year so I really didnt remember the coloring!
i might pair them up. we shall see how they turn out. I have a doz pure jubs and soem of my splash/jubs that I am now anxiously waiting to put in the bator... i might just do it tonight because I am not sure when my splash quit laying and i dont want her eggs to go bad...

if these 2 do turn out, and I want to continue with the blue jubilee... would I put them back with a jubilee? would it matter if i put one of these.. say pullet with my jubilee roo.. or the cockeral with my jubilee hen. I know with some it matters. thanks!

Back
Top Bottom