The Imported English Jubilee Orpington Thread

Pics
The standard that everyone is praying for the APA to accept are dark deep mahogany. I have checked many places and yes even here on this thread.

Last edited:
Cull them. Do not let the mixed hens eggs hatch. I price low, a very expensive variety to get as many as possible into the waiting hands of chicken keepers to get more people to write the APA in setting standards an acceptance for this variety into the APA.

I already sold them as backyard egg layers. I've managed to finally hatch some pure Jubilees. It probably just took this long for the cockerels to mature.

My Jubilee hen, Adele. If anyone recalls my posts several months back, this is the girl I purchased to breed with my Jubilee cock... a bird I found out about two weeks later was actually an extremely overpriced Speckled Sussex cock sold by an unscrupulous buyer. I have not had yet time to actively search for a cock to breed Adele with, although I would like to eventually acquire a nice quality cock and produce some chicks.

I am new to Jubilees. Can you tell me what you think? I have 3 hens and hope to be hatching babies out soon.
The standar that that owners of Jubilees are targeting is the darker color. A deep rich mahogany. Yours appears to have come from the German line. The Germans prelude to war they killed off the Jubilee Eng Orps. After the war they set about bring the line back to its glory BUT missed the mark with their breeds. i checked EVERY where before selling off my lighter color jubilees

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom