The IMPORTED ENGLISH Orpington Thread

I love your Blacks Kathy, I wish I had more. Look at that chest on your boy, is that Fat Albert?

What happened to your Lavs, are you not working on the project anymore?

I just put 38 eggs in the incubator, 35 from my BBS flock and 3 from my Partridge hen! This will be my fertility test, my rooster Neville has been in the pen with his ladies for about 2 1/2 weeks now, I'm hoping he's been doing his job and I'll have lots of fat babies soon.
fl.gif

Kathy, what Gorgeous birds!

Thank you to everyone on this thread for the quick responses and generous feedback on my birds.

I will not be culling any of my English Orps, we've really come to love the breed and are interested in how those black babies will turn out. We only have the one pullet and so will be putting some EE's in that pen when they get to about 7 months to buffer. I will be getting more BBS hatching eggs late spring, early summer and hope for some blue or splash.

Here lately I have been losing a few of my young English birds in the grow out pen to this, but he was caught last night,
Wanta bet he wont do it again ?
They ain't nothing more aggravating than a no good for nothing possum.

Last edited:
Thanks Renie. I do love looking at these big birds.

Much larger. I no longer have the lavenders. Well, I still have a cockerel to get rid of.

Kathy those are some really goodlooking blacks. Thanks for the update. You should have some really good offspring off them.

Here lately I have been losing a few of my young English birds in the grow out pen to this, but he was caught last night,
They ain't nothing more aggravating than a no good for nothing possum. 

Oh wow. Must be some hungry possums. Glad you caught that guy and I hope he doesn't have hungry friends around. Ours are sated I suppose here in the city cause they don't ever bother the chickens. Hope they never do!

Here lately I have been losing a few of my young English birds in the grow out pen to this, but he was caught last night,
They ain't nothing more aggravating than a no good for nothing possum.

Them and racoons, my cousin had a racoon reach in through chicken wire and pull a full grown bird almost all of the way through a chicken wire hole..Ive never seen anything like it.stood there and thought, how did he do that?... .they would come around every night here in summer but I fortefied everything..its a fortress out there at night..long time ago they literally chewed right through the chicken wire and went right in..I fixed thier red wagon..bought wirre they couldnt chew through looks like the cage you have him in..no more night time raids..when my husband catches those in his traps , he likes to take them over and release them near somone he doesnt likes house..jeeees.i know, bad , but hes a grown man, I have no say in it.

I live in town to but they are out there,
This one found him self a nice warm hole in the ground about 3ft deep.
My birds comes way before any possum, He had a bad day.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom