The IMPORTED ENGLISH Orpington Thread

can you show English standard orpingtons in America, we can here but that is probably because English orps to us are just orpingtons. We don't have American ones here

Several people are working to improve American standards using imports..some of the varietys fell to critical levels, near extinct..poor management? just loss of interest? not sure.....I think its mostly that people left the farms to go work for corps..
i have a Greenfire farms lemon cuckoo rooster over my buff american orpington hens
i'll use that boy for 1 year in with them then i'll change back to a true buff orp. rooster
i hope to get some wider fowl

can you show English standard orpingtons in America, we can here but that is probably because English orps to us are just orpingtons. We don't have American ones here
Oh, yes we can show English Orps over here ! Bear in mind that our standards are quite similar, but judges do not favor the current overdone Cochin winning type in England. Too much long fluff, that covers the legs is frowned on , as are soft main tail feathers.

Well most of us got the imports because we like the fluff we like the wideness we like the whole bird is my openion, if I wanted the American bird belive me I would have them, I did not get the imports to make them into the tall skinny narrow backed so called Orps. that they are, This is my openion & I will keep my openion, I like the imports & I will keep only imports they are not an American bird on my place & never will be as far as Orps. go, I am here to defend, breed, & raise the imported birds, so it all boils down to this, breed & raise what you are happy with, make your self happy not some judge or anyone else I don't care if I ever win or place in another show as long as I live as long as I'm happy with my line of birds, I'm satisfied, Oh & by the I'm finely gona get to get back to sweet home ALABAMA soon so Julie you will be having a neighbor soon, I'm coming home.
Well Roger that is great and I look forward to meeting you and we will live close enough to meet and swap birds You will be the closest breeder with the same goals in mind.

Well Roger that is great and I look forward to meeting you and we will live close enough to meet and swap birds You will be the closest breeder with the same goals in mind.
Yea Julie I will be so glad to meet you in person too, It will be about 2-3 months before I can get there but I am postive about it this time.

Oh, yes we can show English Orps over here ! Bear in mind that our standards are quite similar, but judges do not favor the current overdone Cochin winning type in England. Too much long fluff, that covers the legs is frowned on , as are soft main tail feathers.

yes we show them, extra fluffy or not. If the judge does not like them you dont get a ribbon, but so what. you had fun right? I agree with what Roger said earlier, I have the imported birds because thats the type I wanted. I love them. the American birds have gotten to small and to common for me.

Dragon Lady would you happen to have any pictures of what you consider overdone cochin type? just curious as I dont really see very many pictures of the birds winning in England. the judges here need to get over it and stop arguing about how much fluff is wrong or right. I always did think think that maybe they should just have a variety within the breed itself so the fluff argument could get dropped. the very reason I ended up with English imports, fluff that covers the legs :) my preference.

Rebel Yell, please don't kill me. I'm a new guy JUST trying to fine out some info. OK? Double Barred Lemon Orpingtons, are they American or are they English?

I only ask because I love the color.
The size of these basketball Blacks and Buffs and Blues, I love those to.
How can I make a basketball Double Barred Lemon Orp?

We lost this beautiful baby today to either a coyote or a fox...it is a very devastating loss. She was the most beautifully marked up splash I had ever seen...she turned 21 weeks yesterday.

Back
Top Bottom