The IMPORTED ENGLISH Orpington Thread

Quote:

It is really difficult to lose them and it is hard to believe how attached you get to your birds. I lost my first Bantam Chocolate Rooster and still miss him. Oh he was such a handsome boy. Well I am sure your new roo will grow up a little bit but if not there is no shortage of roosters in the chicken world. Hang in there.

Orps - So sorry for your loss - just so sad. I agree with Vickie it sounds like a dog but then again everything wants to eat chickens. Praying for you.

Renie - just love looking at your birds.

PugBug - I love my Reds too and yes so glad I got them when I did.

Debbie

Orps, so sad for your loss!

I too have become addicted to Orps! And Swedish Flower Hens. I let my 4 month olds out with my layers. The boys are learning to behave because these older ladies don't put up with their teenage behavior. Every morning when I let them out, the boys try to entice the ladies. It's the Swede boys who think they're all that. My girls stop it right away and the rest of the day is peaceful. I have noticed how laid back my Orps are.

I need to post pictures of my Nellie babies. They're beautiful!

Just 2??? Doesn't he know we are addicted?? lol
LOL...i know.hes completly in love with the buffs..he wants them to be his birds....he wants them to have all the room..they llay eggs like crazy..pretty much decided the australorps will go to a freinds..i thought a few chocolates would be nice in aussie pen...nope..there is a buff only reserved sign on it..darn it..

Last edited:
Piglet and his wife came today and took 3 of the choc roos home with them I decided to hold on to the 2 others. Soo anyone in southern NH or Maine that is looking for a nice English choco bantam Orp Roo can contact Piglet. I am pretty sure he is headed to a swap in Maine on Saturday :)

^ you wrote... is NOT going to discontinue... is that a typo??

Thank you for the compliment and by the way.. I have pugs :)
LOL yep it's a typo- I meant they are going to discontinue them-

and yes I did see this in their ad on RBR where they are selling out the breeding stock.

Orps I am sorry you lost your birds!

Piglet and his wife came today and took 3 of the choc roos home with them I decided to hold on to the 2 others. Soo anyone in southern NH or Maine that is looking for a nice English choco bantam Orp Roo can contact Piglet. I am pretty sure he is headed to a swap in Maine on Saturday :)
correct we will keep 1 & the other 2 will be at the TSC chicken swap in Sanford Maine on Sat.
we should be there till about 2pm bring a box & pick out your new boy.

piglett

Last edited:
Just to let everyone know I will most likely be gone again for a while as i am moving back to Alabama next weekend & wont be coming back to NC. so its is going to take a while to get my pens set back up & get my brood stock back on track the way I had them going, Its going to be a long hard road starting over but I am determined to do it & I will.
Rebel

Just to let everyone know I will most likely be gone again for a while as i am moving back to Alabama next weekend & wont be coming back to NC. so its is going to take a while to get my pens set back up & get my brood stock back on track the way I had them going, Its going to be a long hard road starting over but I am determined to do it & I will.
Rebel
good luck :)

Back
Top Bottom