The IMPORTED ENGLISH Orpington Thread

Renie – glad you found homes for the Roosters such handsome guys.

Roger - wishing you a good move and safe travels.

Aveca - no doubt chicken photography is tough. I was joking with my daughter (6 1/2yrs old) telling her I need her to put them in a row while I snap the picture. lol

jlynnet - very pretty jubilees and great pictures of the partridge (mine are camera shy). I end up with a lot of blurry fluffy behinds.

Christabelle - very pretty hens. I love chocolate!

So glad it is Friday it is raining here.
wee.gif

Yeah - I need green grass for the birds. Wishing everyone a great weekend. I will be busy worming and dusting birds.

Debbie

Last edited:
Good luck Roger, it'll be nice if we can see you at some of the local FL/AL shows! And remember: “Life is either a daring adventure or nothing. Security is mostly a superstition. It does not exist in nature.” -- Helen Keller

Aveca: I can empathize as it takes me 50 camera clicks to get one shot that even remotely resembles what I want it to. I have to say that the the picture of the two white powder puffs laying down is post card perfect! They look stunning, so I can only imagine they must be jaw dropping in person, and BOTH the roosters are certainly something to crow about (pun intended)

I Love the hellen keller quote ..so true..when one door closes , another will open..hopefully Roger will find his happiness..I know that feeling of wanting to go home..lived in colo for a long time ..it just wasn't me thou I liked it there..every day I when living in colo, I would say..Lord, please send over a cloud..I need to see a cloud..350 days a year of sunshine is a good thing but I needed some clouds once in a while....There is a quiet place in NY that I would someday like to retire to..NY will always be home...And I just need a lot of quiet.... Alabama is home for Roger.....funny how its part of your soul isn't it?

Thank you for the compliment..it really goes to Nellie and Sandra..Im just starting with them..I am just terrible at photo..I broke my still frame...Did get some good ones out of that..had to go through it frame by frame..but it worked..Walt taught me that..now Im back to blurr, and who knows what..but its fun to try..some people like John on the orp thread have a knack for it..These birds were fresh from the dirt bath..so they were dirt a pleanty, but its something they have to do..The white ones are very big..I wasn't expecting how big they are and massive up front...I knew they would be but just wasn't expecting quite that much in such a young bird..cant imagine how they will finish ..its something Ive always wanted and they are a pride and joy..I work at home and spend every spare minute with them..need to get those fences moved and strightened next..

Just to let everyone know I will most likely be gone again for a while as i am moving back to Alabama next weekend & wont be coming back to NC. so its is going to take a while to get my pens set back up & get my brood stock back on track the way I had them going, Its going to be a long hard road starting over but I am determined to do it & I will.
Rebel

smooth sailing for you. get yourself and those birds all set up and check in with us!

Ive decided that I cant take a picture to save my life.. the birds look so good in person but in my pics..not so much , and my fences all need straightening..they were all battered in different storms. . maybe time for a new card for the camera..I think this one just about used up.. white orp and australorp , same age Cole ..molting part of tail..cant wait for that to come back in, he will look so much better.. I roughed this rooster up with the scheduled bugg dusting..the white on his head and back is bugg dust..
looking good, I want some buffs that look like that!!!

Ive decided that I cant take a picture to save my life.. the birds look so good in person but in my pics..not so much , and my fences all need straightening..they were all battered in different storms. . maybe time for a new card for the camera..I think this one just about used up..

The shape is so RIGHT on this young boy. Well done Nellie, and you, Lynne for raising him.

white orp and australorp , same age

Cole is such a handsome boy ! Tail feathers or not.,

Cole ..molting part of tail..cant wait for that to come back in, he will look so much better..

I want the boy in front. What a lovely head ! Below.....

I roughed this rooster up with the scheduled bugg dusting..the white on his head and back is bugg dust..

Monty is very proud of this boy, and so am I . What a super job you have done Lynne ! The girls aren't too shabby either.

Back
Top Bottom