The IMPORTED ENGLISH Orpington Thread

This is the 7th raccoon I've caught this week. He is about to drive me nuts. He seems to be the meanest so far. He is determined to tear up my trap. I may have to carry him to a new home before I catch more in the other 2 traps.
barnie.gif

I trapped 19 of these varmits spring before last. Just one this year. Some acted tame because people were feeding them. Silly thing for anybody to do. They are a serious rabies carrier in the South.

I really enjoy my Aussie's, they are coming along great. Jerry Wiley gave me a pair that have English in them from a closed flock with C. Moore bloodline from years of breeding.
Vivi
Those Should be Very Good Australorps ViVi. If you live on the east coast you often run into Whitneys Australorps. He is an Awesome Very nice Guy, You might see some of his Australorps at Boston.

Those Should be Very Good Australorps ViVi. If you live on the east coast you often run into Whitneys Australorps. He is an Awesome Very nice Guy, You might see some of his Australorps at Boston.
Hope to see some wonderful birds and meet some great chicken folks.. Alan try to come over :) Miracles do happen...:)

Just wanted to let everyone know I aint gone, I just been busy with my new job & setting up my pens, The Orps. are comming along great so far but we got along way to go to be back with the amount of stock I had before the move back to AL. The quilty will be the same or better than ever, Good to see everyone is doing good.
Rebel

Last edited:
Just wanted to let everyone know I aint gone, I just been busy with my new job & setting up my pens, The Orps. are comming along great so far but we got along way to go to be back with the amount of stock I had before the move back to AL. The quilty will be the same or better than ever, Good to see everyone is doing good.
Rebel
Welcome back Roger :)

Thanks Renie, Its been a long hard road to get back started on this but we have finely done it, we got 54 acers for the birds to free range on & they are doing better than ever.

I think he is what they call a Sunset Orp. He is beautiful :)

He is a pretty bird, but why would anyone cross a RIR with an Orp? They have two really different body styles. The RIR like a brick and the Orp like a bowl....I don't get it. Is this a common cross these days?...since there is a name for it. Is this something the Brits are doing or just something the BYC folks are doing and calling a "Project"?

Walt

boy he sure is..one of the best human beings out there....he helped me out, then helped our freind matt out..gave him a whole coop he was disassembeling..and some proper size cages for orps..and i gave matt some birds..bob would give you the shirt off his back..works like crazy getting those shows together and events for kids ect..i posted a few pics of his birds back a ways..stunning..well hes in poultry press quite a bit..used to do more but is so busy with all of the local events doesnt travel as much as he used to..

Last edited:

I think he is what they call a Sunset Orp.   He is beautiful :)

He is a pretty bird, but why would anyone cross a RIR with an Orp? They have two really different body styles. The RIR like a brick and the Orp like a bowl....I don't get it. Is this a common cross these days?...since there is a name for it. Is this something the Brits are doing or just something the BYC folks are doing and calling a "Project"?

Walt
I don't get that either. Nor the cute name for it. Puts me in mind of people letting their dogs just breed wherever and then calling the offspring stuff like "peekapoo." Must be more common than I thought. Personally never heard of that but then it's not like I hobnob with any local chicken people here. Heck, I don't even know of any here!

Back
Top Bottom