The IMPORTED ENGLISH Orpington Thread

What is the difference in Orpington's and English Orpington's?

Sorry if there is info on this question elsewhere on this thread, but I really don't feel like looking through all 2,111 pages
tongue.png

Between a well bred American orp, and an Imported English orp... not much...

the English are a little rounder, with a lot more fluff around the shanks and bum than the Americans. Of course, most of the wonderful colors hadn't been developed here in the States, so the majority of the different color varieties are from Europe.

now between a typical hatchery American orp, and either a well bred American or English orp... there's a TON of difference... they really don't even look like the same class birds. Hatchery birds are usually smaller, less uniform colors, cut-away breasts, smaller heads, etc... but they usually lay very, very well.

as far as playing with colors… i definitely like to play!!

here's a few of my projects: :)

blue jubilee, still quite young...

blue split to spangled/mottled:

blue cuckoo:

i'll post some more with my cell phone of my newer projects. :)

Really want to know what you all think about the looks of these birds? Criticism is apprecitated, hen is >1year and blue roo is less then 1 year. They are not from a breeder on this forum. Thank you!

Last edited:
I'm looking for LF english orps in blue, black and/or splash preferably pullets. Anyone have any available? I'm in California.

Also looking for bantam english orpingtons in chocolate or black.

Please PM me. Thanks!

Back
Top Bottom