The IMPORTED ENGLISH Orpington Thread

I'm looking for LF english orps in blue, black and/or splash preferably pullets. Anyone have any available? I'm in California.

Also looking for bantam english orpingtons in chocolate or black.

Please PM me. Thanks!

Heirloom Orpingtons is having a special on theirs today only (the 16th). Check out their website for more info.

@JustOrpsNC

I like the splash pullet... not the best pics to truly assess type, but I have a good feeling about her.

The roo (depending on just how young he is), looks a bit on the small size overall. Also, I like a few strong primary tail feathers, and he doesn't appear to have any. Again, not the best pics to make an accurate judge, but my overall impression of him is just, 'meh'... Not terrible, but not spectacular, either.

Here's a photo of my last two remaining "Blorps" These are from imported English Blue Orpington stock I got from Kimberly35042. I started with 8 but 6 turned out to want to be roos!
sad.png

My remaining roo is Aldus Dumbledore and the hen on the right is Reeta Skeeter. The tail feathers on the left belong to a new Black Australorp hen named Cho Chang.

@gclark94560 looks like you kept some good ones!
smile.png

For young birds they're already showing good type, their color is a bit dark, but that can be bred against in subsequent generations. How old are they now?

Pretty lacing on your pullet, too.

Last edited:
@JustOrpsNC

I like the splash pullet... not the best pics to truly assess type, but I have a good feeling about her.

The roo (depending on just how young he is), looks a bit on the small size overall.  Also, I like a few strong primary tail feathers, and he doesn't appear to have any.  Again, not the best pics to make an accurate judge, but my overall impression of him is just, 'meh'... Not terrible, but not spectacular, either.

Turns out roo 7-8 mths, hen is 1 year.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom