The IMPORTED ENGLISH Orpington Thread

Well I think everyone thought I was gone but Im back,I think I finely got everything put behind me & finely got setteled in in my new home here in the great state of Alabama, hope everyone is doing well, alot of new folks on here I see.

Well I think everyone thought I was gone but Im back,I think I finely got everything put behind me & finely got setteled in in my new home here in the great state of Alabama, hope everyone is doing well, alot of new folks on here I see.
Glad to see you Roger!
woot.gif

Do you still have your wonderful BBS birds? Post some pics for us to drool over... you have had some of the nicest in the thread!

Congrats Bryce on your project chocolate laced orps!!!! I was following that auction out of curiosity and was blown away with their final selling price!

Just curious, why did you choose to use a silver laced bird over the chocolate laced hen? Do the current silver laced orps carry the diluting gene? Why would one not prefer to use a black laced gold over chocolates to begin the cross and then refine lacing from there? (Forgive my ignorance)

My solo chick from OrpB is two days old now, and healthy. It is like watching a new kitten in the place. Its been a content peep since I put an Australorp chick in the brooder for comany, and a new plushtoy hen. Both those chicks stare at its face, and peck its beak. I still have angst about the hatchery chick bringing in infection or diesase, but he was just too loney to leave solo.

I just got a chocolate orpington rooster last week. Plan on breeding him to my ee's.

My favorite rooster (well, my favorite of the poultry) is about to be put in with my two Easter Eggers and my Olive Egger. He's not the proper size for either large fowl or bantam but he is still a handsome fellow. If I EVER get ahold of some Legbars and Ameracaunas he'll be helping me produce some adorable Olive Eggers.

Back
Top Bottom